“Jewel Studio -- perfect honeymoon/anniversary”
Review of Wildwood Inn

and 1 more site!
Wildwood Inn
Wyoming, United States
“Jewel Studio -- perfect honeymoon/anniversary”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great experience! Staff is friendly and very helpful (and knowledgeable about the area), the room was clean, and the bed was spectacular! Large selection of movies to borrow at the front desk, plus popcorn!
Dishes, mini-fridge, microwave -- all clean and worked great. The stereo in the room was perfect (had a spot for an iPod so we could listen to our favorite tunes)! The balcony was perfect for sitting and listening to the birds and watching the scenery (especially the hummingbirds who apparently have a nest in the tree not 10 feet away)! Amazing.
The only complaint we had the entire time is that the hot tub (on our private balcony) was a little *too* hot the first night (104), but we called the maintenance number in the morning and they had it turned down by the time we got back to the room later on.
My wife and I plan on making Wildwood Inn a habit! Cannot wait to go back!
(Jewel Studio)

Room Tip: If you're getting one of the Jewel Studios, I would recommend one of the ones on the top floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had such a lovely stay at the Wildwood Inn! The accommodations are spectacular. Clean and appointed, but still has a rustic mountain feel without being too over the top. Quiet and relaxing. The scenery is outstanding, especially from the mountain view hot tub on the deck! Staff was pleasant, and always willing to help. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Estes.

1 Thank EmilyRPh
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is not our first time at Wildwood, but we are always wowed. The accomodations are clean, comfortable, and thoughtful.
First, you are greeted by friendly staff who are more than happy to assist you with anything, suggest a restaurant, a hike, or show you their movie collection.
The rooms are both beautiful and immaculate. The room had a gas fireplace in it, and there is nothing better than falling asleep to the flickering of the fire. There were clean glasses, dishes, and untinsels. They thought of everything! The beds and pillows are like sooo comfortable. What a lovely way to spend a winter, spring, summer, or fall visit.
The hot tub room is always immaculate, also with a gas fireplace. You can bring a favorite CD and listen and relax. In the morning or evening you can view the sunset over the nearby mountains. The chirp of hummingbirds are heard all around.
We had a such a pleasant stay. I am sure to return. Don't look any further when searching for accomodations in or around Rocky Mountain National Park.

1 Thank yellowstonecamper
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This place is amazing! We came here for 2 nights mid May on our honeymoon. The front desk was extremely helpful and nice, they even suggested a drive up Trail Ridge Road which was opened 2 weeks early and is open on a day to day basis because of the weather! It was gorgeous! We had the Jewel Studio and I would suggest it if it’s available. The deck overlooked the tree covered mountainside and was so peaceful and relaxing! The hot tub was perfect to sit out in during the cool nights and watch the stars come out. We didn’t have anyone staying around us and it was very private. If they are booked you may have neighbors. The deck is semi-private, not as secluded as you might like. Estes Park itself was a little touristy for us but the Rocky Mountain National Park is close by and there’s some nice lakes and hikes in the area. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momalley_01
New York
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in the Hollyhock Studio for a few nights, enjoying the amenities of a hot tub, bathroom whirlpool and fireplace. The Internet wifi could have been better, but as hotels go this was about what you would expect on average (mildly sucky.) The speeds were about 1 Mbps and as long as I didn't prance about the kitchen area with my MacBook, I was able to watch shows on Hulu with minimal issues. The TV itself is also in dire need of a refresh, a 90s throwback requiring binoculars if you desire to watch a show from the bed. Another reason why I used my MacBook instead for watching TV or a movie.

The room was spotlessly clean, though there were some indications that the room could use a few updates. The dishwasher for example was broken (they included a note letting me know it was out of order,) one of the jets in the bathroom whirlpool was nonfunctional, and the button to adjust the speed on the outdoor hot tub also appeared to be broken (unless the hot tub only had one speed setting by design?)

The bed was also one of those wall bed thingamagoochies you pull down to sleep on, and while I loved just being able to throw it back up for spacious room (and to avoid making it), I found the mattresses surprisingly hard and not as comfortable as I would have liked.

There's also a portable stereo with an iPhone/iPod dock, but it's so dated now that my iPhone 4S popped up a message indicating how insulted it felt that I dared to try to dock it to such a primitive device. Well ok then.

One of the things I was looking for while staying in Estes Park was the privilege of looking out my window or sitting in my hot tub and beholding the glorious wonders of the snow capped mountains. The inn though is tucked away in one of the valleys, so while you DO see a mountainside, you don't actually see the snow capped mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park, at least not in the way you might see it from the grounds of the Stanley Hotel. Not really the fault of the inn though, most of the lodging establishments I saw were not angled or positioned well that you could easily enjoy the towering snow capped peaks that has made RMNP so famous. I actually took a drive around to see if I could find a cabin rental or inn (other than the Stanley Hotel) that were better positioned and they were notably difficult to find.

On the upside the inn is located a few miles away from Estes Park's downtown area, so you're able to avoid some of the traffic and crowds, but privacy can still be an issue. I was on the first floor, and there were plenty of windows and spaces where people could gawk at me while I was soaking in the hot tub and humming songs by Air Supply.

The staff was very friendly and go the extra mile to accommodate any needs you might have.

Overall though I think a one/two bedroom private cabin rental probably would have suited me better, but the inn still proved to be a comfortable enough stay, and indeed it's one of the surprisingly few establishments that had ALL (not merely some) of the amenities I was looking for: private hot tub, fireplace, mountain view and high speed Internet access.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor condo if you want a more unobstructed view of the mountainside.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Frank S
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Deer Ridge Suite + Spruce Room with 4 of us...plenty of room with 2 beds and 2 full bathrooms, kitchen, sitting area, deck. Views are amazing and the price was affordable which was important to us.

Jacuzzi fit 2 people, great views of mountains....staff is available and non-invasive.

Flat screen TVs in the rooms, and clean bathrooms. Can't think of anything to complain about. Thanks everybody at wildwood!

• Stayed May 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had a jewel suite and it was fantastic!! I could live there with all the amenities they provide. We did not take advantage of the spa services, but if they are as good as their own glycerin soaps and lotions, then it would be well worth it. The hot tub on the deck overlooking the mountains was fabulous. I just wish there was a tad more privacy on the deck, Thanks to the staff who were very friendly and helpful!! If you are going into the park, spend some time wathcing the local channel 8 for some tips.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple