We knew we wanted to get married in the mountains and found Romantic Riversong through Google and then Tripadvisor. We couldn't be more pleased with our decision.
Although Estes Park is a tourist trap and irritating, the seclusion of Riversong, on the Big Thompson River, and its close proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park, made the location perfect for us.
The inn is truly beautiful, comforting, and casually elegant. Our room, Forget Me Not, almost turned into our wedding venue and would have been perfect. We lucked out, however, and the rain stopped long enough for us to get married and take photos along the river. (We couldn't see the mountains of the continental divide in the background that day, but did the next.)
Gary, the owner, is a minister and married us. (It's very easy to marry in CO; just be sure to get the license during the week at any county office.) He is warm, engaging, and greatly concerned about making the experience perfect. The rest of the staff is also! (John made his first batch of cookies that day and we declared them our "wedding cake." -- he even gave us the recipe the following day. Johanna was the most wonderful hostess.)
The inn has several, wonderful rooms. Breakfast was incredible both days we stayed. We did the wedding package that included a candlelit dinner (excellent!) and massages for both (heavenly). Our room had a large whirlpool tub next to the fireplace, a spacious bathroom with an incredible shower, a sitting room, and a large picture window with the most incredible views of the river and mountains.
For an intimate wedding, (it was just the two of us,) this was the most perfect spot. Gary married 110 people last year, mostly couples alone, and I'm sure the word will spread so that he's doing more. Many people return for anniversaries, which I would love to do too...
Oh, Riversong also gave outstanding recommendations of photographers (Cathcart Photography), florists (Karen's of Estes Park), and restaurants (La Chaumiere and Mary's Lake Lodge). We appreciated the references, coming from Wisconsin, and were not disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic RiverSong Inn offers the ideal location for an intimate Estes Park getaway. This quaint ten room inn is located at the end of a winding country lane and near trout streams and ponds, hiking trails and tree swings with spectacular scenery for all to enjoy. Our bedrooms are cozy, decorated with country furnishings for you to be lulled to sleep by the melody of our mountain stream. Our full country breakfast is the best you will find anywhere in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Romantic RiverSong Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantic Riversong b&b Inn
- Romantic Riversong Hotel Estes Park