“One of our favourite places on Earth...”

Romantic RiverSong Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Riversong in May of 2007. Ours was a weekend trip spent in lovely Forget-Me-Not. This room is pure magic...we both swear there is a spell cast on it! It is soooo quiet and tranquil. We both felt like we had a weeks vacation after one weekend! Breakfasts are very good and oh-so-filling. Bed...soft (which I love, my husband not so much but it was more than tolerable to him). Staff...first rate! Extremely hospitable without being intrusive. Location...PERFECT! Less than 15 minutes to Rocky Mtn Ntl Park entrance and less than 10 to downtown Estes Park. We had massages in our room...utterly fantastic after a big hike in the park...then off to town or Mary's Lake Lodge for dinner. Loved finishing off a big day soaking in the tub next to a fire.
This time we stayed 3 nights 4/10-13 (again in Forget-Me-Not since it was so perfect the first time) and got married! We were both nervous about Riversong not being as wonderful as we remembered it...We were so relieved when it ended up even better than before. The staff had every detail taken care of. We did the Elopement Package that included the ceremony, massages, and dinner (we requested a floral bouquet and cake in leiu of the dinner and they happily made the change). We were treated like royalty from the second we arrived (which, by the way, was during the requested check in time...there's nothing that stresses me out more than people showing up early to a dinner party or gathering I'm throwing...I can't imagine a B&B feeling any different. There's plenty to do in Estes while waiting for 3pm to roll around.).
The ceremony was just the two of us with Gary officiating, one of the staff that requested to observe (we were more than happy to have her...she was one of our favourite hostesses and she ended up acting as a witness), and David from Cathcart Photography taking photos. Nothing could have been more perfect. Gary was amazing as the minister. He was just so genuine and made us both feel so special and taken care of. Between him and David , they made sure we were photographed in every beautiful nook and cranny on the property...Everyone really made us feel like only our happiness mattered that weekend.
We also did the backpack picnic...only we didn't even leave our room to use ours! We holed up in our room for the day after the ceremony and just enjoyed eachother, the gorgeous view from our room, the fire in the fireplace, the abundance of food in our pack, the champagne we brought from home and massages before dinner.
It just couldn't have been better! (And believe me...we are hard to please!)
If you are ever looking to enjoy Estes Park and RMNP you must stay at this B&B...tell them Chris and Mande sent you!
Best

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mande_knowles

Reviewed April 1, 2008

This place should meet your expectations if you're over 60 and have never been to the Rocky Mountains before. Otherwise, you'll pay too much to stay at grandma's house.

The majority of rooms are outdated, worn and decorated in bad themes. There is nothing "luxurious" or "romantic" about most of the rooms. Apparently only the highest-price rooms are actually luxurious; so stay here if you want to drop $300-350/night. The property is saved by its natural setting, which must be why it has a strong reputation; it's certainly not due to the care and effort put forth by the owners. We were not surprised to find out they are in the process of selling the property -- they are clearly tired of running it and don't want to put any $$ into it.

The dinner was good but not $120 good -- and it's BYOB, so don't expect a soda or sparkling water for that price either.

If you do stay there, don't book dinner or a massage in advance. Wait until you're there because if you change your mind you still have to pay.

Worst of all, when we expressed our disatisfaction, they couldn't have cared less. It was obvious they had no intention to try to rectify the situation. Had we not been on the hook for the second night of lodging and the massage, we would have left early.

Do yourself a favor and check out Gold Lake Mountain Resort instead.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ColoTrip
Reviewed March 19, 2008

We got married Dec 15th (second marriage) and were planning a vacation to Longmont CO to visit friends over Christmas with my elderly mother (who lives with us) when our friends said leave her here with us and get away for a few days. While searching the internet we found Romantic Riversong and fell in love with the picture of the big rock fireplace with the tub in front of it so we booked a 3 night stay and we were not disappointed. The breakfasts were scrumptious (and you didn't need to eat again all day), the friendly staff, the peace and tranquillity were just what we need to rest and rejeuvanate. It snowed while we were there and it was beautiful, I look forward to being able to visit again to see the different seasons.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gz949
Reviewed March 1, 2008

We were married by the river at Romantic Riversong. It was absolutely the most wonderful experience I could have asked for. The staff took care of everything and made it a dream come true for us. We stayed in the Wood Nymph. What a romantic cabin to be in! The natural surroundings were absolutely peaceful and invigorating. Our service there was world class and the food was delectable. The Rocky mountain national park is minutes away and breathtaking. The quaint little town of Estes Park is a nice place to take a stroll while popping into all the exquisite little shops and wonderful restaurants. There is so much to do. I would recommend Romantic Riversong to anyone and can't wait to go back. This is a must see!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tunya
Reviewed January 9, 2008

If you are looking for a truly romantic getaway, this is the place! The rooms are beautifully done and very private. The staff is great, the scenery is beautiful, and if you can manage a massage in your room, it's an extra that's more than worth it! We return yearly, and look forward to it the rest of the year!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dreamer50
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My fiance' surprised me, I flew to see him while he was working in Denver, he said we were taking a drive to Estes Park and we would just find a place to stay when we got there. He acted like we were lost, but then pulled into the most charming B&B that I had ever seen. The staff was the friendliest, I fell in love with the breakfast, (I believe it was the Colorado Egg Puff??) the grounds were beautiful, and the room (Cowboy's Delight) was phenominal. We planned to return and experience the "Elopement Package" the next summer, but my fiance' was killed in an accident. Thank you Romantic Riversong for a wonderful getaway that will live in my heart forever!

Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank nybell527
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Googled for a nice B&B which accepted dogs in Colorado and found the estes-park.com and travelocity information for RiverSong.
I was nicely welcomed by Lee who cheerfully helped take my things to my room. The room was even nicer than I expected. Each room had decorated trees, cd player with mood music, and lovely views. All have working wood fireplaces though mine, called Morning Glory, had a nice electric one (but mine had a kichenette which I loved -different from most rooms there). Coffee and tea was available for me in my room, and set out in the large main house fireplace entry room for all hours - able to have early dog walks and warm myself inside and out afterwards! The breakfasts were different each day and Bon Appetite would have been proud to dine there. The strata was a personal favorite, and the baked pears.The afternoon teas were a delight, and the chocolate cherry coconut bars are some of the best I have tasted.
Cozy for a get away, reading by the fire in your own room or the main one. Enchanting unusual chess sets, antique clocks and whimsical art work abound. One of the best massages I've had by Katherine. Some of the rooms have scavenger hunts started by the prior occupants which are great fun!
Nice folks, good get-away. Restores the spirit. Calming. And a nice hot tub with spa lotion, was lovely to enter after a snowflaky Christmas morning. Elk and coyotes and wildlife to see.
The cooks and cleaning staff were wonderful. Randy and his wife (staff) even invited me to sit with them and sing carols.The owner Gary took special interest in the folks staying there(thanks for the photo of my dog!).

Recommended: My dog loved it there, and the people were great to him. Romantic escapes -even have couples massages. Recharging in general for adults. People who love to read by the fire - they have plenty of books there if you forget yours. People who love to hike. People who like to entertain themselves and don't need an activities director or tv stimulation.

Wouldn't recommend: not outfitted for the disabled. Probably not for young children unless easily self-entertained.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo