River Spruce
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$219
$180
BestWestern.com
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Travelocity
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$138
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
  • Restaurant
All reviewstom tom cabinevery morningbaked muffinsfire pitwarm muffinscoffee cakehot tubdelivered freshcabin doordream catcherbreakfast breadsadirondack chairscozy cabinwonderful hostsgreat place to get awayfavorite placesthese cabins
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Wendye and Shelley are gracious hosts, to be sure, but if you grew up in Colorado and know the ways of the area, they can seem a bit overbearing.
My husband and I were there as the second leg of our honeymoon; we are from, and live in, Colorado. I found it overbearing that the owners of the property "mothered" us and told us constantly how to avoid fires and other nature mishaps. I say this with a forked tongue; I know all of the safety precautions for living in this area, as I am a native, and yet, if I owned a property here, I would be the same way. There was very little privacy, which we so desired, as at least one of the property owners came by at least once daily to make sure we were following all precautions and all property rules. At some point, it felt like general mistrust and became frustrating.
I reccommend this property for those who have never visited Colorado, or couples who are not seeking complete privacy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MelanieAC77
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This was the first time we stayed here and we will certainly be back. It was fantastic. The cabins were very clean and comfortable with the river just 25-30 feet from the door. The home made muffins each morning were delicious. If you are looking for peace and relaxation in a rustic setting, this is the place!!! Just 2-3 miles from the Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajjMichigan
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My family has stayed at River Spruce since 1993. We don't go every year but have probably stayed there about 10 times. Our home away from home is Hopi. It feels like coming home the minute we walk in the door. The "new" owners, Wendye and Shelly are delightful and very helpful. A nice touch that they've added is the fresh breakfast pastry every morning delivered to your door. The riverside location is soothing and this is the perfect place to play and to relax, whichever suits your fancy.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2008

What can I say? My 12 year old son and I were in RMNP for some winter hiking over his spring break. Shelley and Wendye could not have been nicer. They helped us find restaurants in the area, provided maps and directions and even arranged a snowmobiling excursion for us. The fresh, warm muffins every morning were a real bonus, too. The location is beautiful, on the Thompson River, and the setting could not be any more quiet, serene and relaxing. Our cabin (Tom Tom) was right on the river and we enjoyed a couple of nights in the hot tub on the river after hiking all day. Highly recommend if you are looking for a quiet place to relax. It feels like home, except the people are nicer!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We loved the location, atmosphere, and cottage where we stayed. The owners were extremely accommodating and did everything they could to make our stay delightful (including the muffins delivered to our cottage each day). The beds and bedding were were very nice and comfortable. The cabin was exceptionally clean, which was important to us. What a wonderful place to relax by the river, just minutes from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed: June 2008