“I'm a Texan and I know BBQ”

Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Tap House
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
“I'm a Texan and I know BBQ”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I were skeptical about eating BBQ in the mountains. We're from Texas and we know our BBQ. So we got the Texas brisket sandwich and it was amazing. For a guy from California, Dave sure knows how to smoke! We loved it so much we went back a few days later and I got the ribs and the hubby got the fried catfish. He lived every bit of it. I loved my ribs and the selection of sauces. The cole slaw is great. Smashed taters were fantastic and the smokin rings were a great starter! The wait staff is friendly and fast. The prices are very reasonable. We always left with a stuffed belly and smiles. We can't wait to go back it will be the first stop we make.

1 Thank Rachel C

Westminster, Colorado, United States
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is must every time we visit Estes Park. Great food, service and friendly atmosphere. The platters are perfect and the choice of sauces allows you to experiment.

Visited November 2012
Berthoud, Colorado
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Fabulous BBQ! Especially enyoyed the chicken and the pork. There is also a Smokin' Dave's in Lyons, CO that is equally as good.

Visited January 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fun BBQ Place”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was a good BBQ place for our last dinner in Estes Park. We were there on a Friday night and it was real busy, the "hostess" seemed to be doing more than that one thing, so it was kind of crowded as we waited for a table. But the wait wasn't too bad. Our waitress was prompt and efficient. Food was good.

Visited January 2013
Monterey, California
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The wait time without a reservation is usually very long. The food is good but every time we go, the service is terrible! We've gotten the wrong order, no refills on drinks, no wait staff asking if we need anything.....

Visited July 2012