“Finally simple "fast" good food”

Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Tap House
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed December 29, 2012

After a disaster at the POS Cascades, I did some research to make sure did not ave another - Smokin' Daves Bar-b-que was the choie, and it was perfect. Crowded when we arrived (it was 6:15 on a Friday) we put our names in and found 4 seats at the bar. We decided screw it let's just orddr/eat at hte bar - so we did. 45 minutes later we were leaving full and satisfied - it it THAT difficult??? Still reeling from the Cascades debackle - DO NOT eat at Cascades - it SUCKS. Smokin' Daves rocks!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The food was good. I loved my Arnold Palmer made with their sweet tea,but it's very big! Lots of interesting and delicious sides to choose from.The big tip is if you get dessert split it with someone, it's huge but really good!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was a great spot for barbeque! I am not a BBQ expert, but I think most can tell when a place is worth visiting. I'd argue with anyone who says this place should be passed over. I had the Pitmaster ($10), which was a combination of smoked sausage, brisket, and pulled pork of a long bun. Again, I am not an expert, but being from the South, I can say this place ranks near the top. The special for the night was prime rib ($14). All I can say is "Wow". I was glad my wife ordered it. The prices were comfortable, which is great to see in a tourist town like Estes Park. The service was good and the interior of the building was fitting for a barbeque place -- rustic and comfy like your favorite pair of slippers that you refuse to get rid of. All in all, it was a great experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

we ate here twice while visiting estes park. the service is always great as well as the food. wow, what HUGE portions. we always see a lot of local folks eating here. this time the local police were having lunch. give this place a try. you will be back.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The BBQ was delicious, they have several different sauces to choose from and the service was great! It was a great place to stop before going to the Rocky Mountain National Forrest.