“Great BBQ & casual atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Tap House

Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Tap House
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Great BBQ & casual atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The BBQ was delicious, they have several different sauces to choose from and the service was great! It was a great place to stop before going to the Rocky Mountain National Forrest.

Florida
“Great casual dinner for bbq”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband had the brisket and I had the ribs. I wish my ribs were more tender (they didn't fall off the bone) but I liked the flavor and smoke to it. I didn't even need to use that much sauce if it were more tender. They had a sweet original bbq sauce (my husband loved), a carolina mustard based sauce (I loved), and I think a tangy and hot one that didn't really care for. The fries and sweet potato fries were nice and crispy.

Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our go-to place in Estes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fantastic BBQ, amazing sauces (and as I'm allergic to soy, excited they don't contain soy), great service. We eat here every time we go to Estes and have never had a bad meal or bad service. They also have lots of other meals to choose from besides the BBQ, if that isn't your thing. Try it!

Visited December 2012
Loveland, Colorado
“Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We live in Loveland, CO but like to come up to Estes whenever we have some free time - usually just to eat at Smokin' Dave's. The pulled pork and ribs are definitely worth the drive, topped with the different flavors of BBQ sauce at your table. Luckily we don't live closer because we would be there at least once a week. The first time we ate here, there was quite a bit of a wait so we sat at the bar - ended up talking to Smokin' Dave himself while he was bartending. Such a genuinely nice guy! The second time we came there was about a 45 minute wait but we wanted to sit on the patio to watch the sunset over the mountains. A great view with great food! We've been back multiple times since and plan on returning as often as possible!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Australia
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The food was barely warm and not as tasty as I was expecting. My wife's mushroom dish still tasted of alcohol as the sauce had not been reduced properly. I got the smoke platter with ribs and pulled pork and it as average at best.