“Be ready to wait”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Be ready to wait”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Fabulous BBQ! But they are incredibly busy and it seems to be normal for a long wait to get a table for dinner. And in the busyness, it seems easy to feel part of the shuffle and notice little things that could be better in the areas of customer service and/or cleanliness. But the BBQ meat and flavors are fantastic.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“True BBQ”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Being from Texas, it's easy to be suspicious of BBQ places outside of your state. After reading reviews of Smokin' Daves, my husband and I were certain that we couldn't go wrong. They had a nice selection of local beer and a varied menu as well. I was most excited about the Elgin Sausage (Elgin is in Central Texas and near where much of my family grew up). The food did not disappoint. My husband ordered the pitmaster sandwhich and all of the meats were fantastic. The serving sizes were more than generous. Our waiter was nice and helpful but no overly attentive (which is nice when you're on vacation and trying to relax). I would definitely recommend Smokin' Daves to anyone who like good BBQ.

Chicago
“Can't miss it!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Travelling alone, I was able to avoid a wait and proceed directly to the bar, where Dave himself served me. For best value, I recommend the smokin' platters. I was able to try beef brisket and ribs - as well as each of Dave's sauces - and was a very happy camper. If you're a larger group that can sit at the bar, be prepared to wait. I went on a Monday night at the end of September and the line was practically out the door!

Visited September 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Overrated and not clean”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

After hiking for five hours, we decided to try Dave's BBQ because it was always crowded and seemed like the place to go. It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon and there were several people in the restaurant. They sat us in a booth near the window. We ordered barbecue pork sandwiches and while we were waiting I noticed all the flys on the window sill, at least 12 of them, it was disgusting. Not only that, the windowsill had a ton of dust. The server, Patty was very pleasant and quick with our order. The barbecue pork was good and the serving portion ample but the bun was hugh, way too much bread. The entire time we were eating, the flys were everywhere. It is obvious that cleanliness is not a high priority here, the carpets were dirty, the entry way hadn't been swept in awhile and the flys did it for me, never again.

1 Thank dlucido
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great smoked meat!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'm always a little leery to visit a bbq place outside of the "typical" bbq towns because I've had some really BAD bbq over time! And not to sound like a smoked meat snob but I know good meat as many family and friends smoke both as a hobby and for competition (and I'm from a BBQ town!). That being said this place is really, really good!

3 of the folks in our party got meat entrees and the portions were HUGE! The pulled pork and the brisket were fantastic. GREAT smoke ring and nice, smoky bark and flavor both both. Another person had a bowl of the ale and cheese soup and first I have to say it was more like a mixing bowl the portion was so huge! The soup was fantastic - just the right amount of cheese and beer flavor.

After eating here it became very evident why there are always TONS of cars and long lines of people when we drive by going to/from our cabin. We definitely will visit again when in EP!