“Find a ghost”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Find a ghost”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Why not tour this grand lady of the Rockies? And find yourself a ghost as an added benefit while you're at it!

Visited November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ghost Tour of the Stanley Hotel”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My 13 year old and I took this tour last night. Keffer was our guide - he was great. Not much paranormal activity witnessed BUT, the door to Lucy's room open/closed by itself a couple of times. While in the Concert Hall, Keffer, a few others, and my kid heard a noise, that I did not hear. I recommend it. P.S. Keffer's tours go long, i.e. our tour was 2.5 hours ; )

Visited December 2012
Thornton, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
“Elk and ghosts!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a great breakfast at the Hotel and then took the tour. My daughter and I were so close to the elk it was amazing. I guess they are adjusted to being around people. We took many pictures through out the tour and boy were we surprised when an image of strange lights appear next to my daughter in one of the photos. I did not have a flash on my camera nor were we any where close to windows, so I knew that wasn't the cause of the strange image. The picture was taken as she was standing next to the room said to be haunted by a maid.
I plan to stay in the hotel next time. Maybe I'll try to get one on the haunted rooms!

1 Thank Suzmejia
Douglas, Wyoming
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“scary!!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

the tour guide Keifer was great and knew what he was doing. The hotel is beautiful, and the tour scared me half to death!!!

1 Thank Melody W
Frederick, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice Tour with Local Character”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We took the ghost tour at the Stanley Hotel. We're long-time Colorado residents, so we've been to the Stanley several times. The hotel has changed owners since I was last there, and I have to say for the better. It's well run, the staff is friendly, and the tour is entertaining. Although, be prepared to go up and down a few flights of stairs. It's nothing too strenuous, but if you're older or have small children, it's something to keep in mind.

It's definitely not too scary for children. I went with my 7-your old niece, and she really enjoyed it, and the tour guides take special care with the kids. At the end, in the basement, it started to spook her, and our tour guide reassured her that the Stanley ghosts like kids and watch out for them. Sounds kinda corny, but they really present it well.

Also, check out the Monarch butterflies on the lower level. They raise them there, and release them every so often. But, they have a viewing area for the full grown butterflies and the cocoons.

Visited July 2012