“Great stay and price”

Timber Creek Chalets
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed in room #5 for 4 nights in early Aug. 2012 and loved it. I considered several more expensive places in the area, but ultimately chose Timber Creek Chalets after reading the good reviews. It turned out to be a great choice...very close to the park so we could drive in early each morning, clean and comfy room and bed. Would definitely stay here again next time we visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jvfisher
There are newer reviews for Timber Creek Chalets

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in mid-September..We had #7 Blue Columbine cabin. It was very clean and worked very well for our needs. We were two couples enjoying a long weekend. Cabin was clean and quiet. Nothing fancy but clean is the number one concern for me. Cabin had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which was nice for us. Godd sized kitchen was nice..we went shopping in town and made a few meals at "home". Perfect location to all points of interest!
I would stay again.

Room Tip: Have heard complaints about noise when in adjoined rooms..rent a cabin..ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wjtlpn
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We love Estes Park! We were married here and return every year for our anniversary - this time we chose Timber Creek Chalets! Not happy at all! NO HOT WATER (happened to us last year at Fawn Valley) Stayed 3 nights - Night 1 we had hot water! Then the next two nights NO HOT WATER! We called the emergency number, nothing, we figured it would just need a while to heat up (my husband took a cold shower, not happy) I refused.... Night 3 STILL NO HOT WATER!! Finally got ahold of someone in the morning. Check out was 10am - 9:30 we happened to see a worker leaving the lot. We checked the water it had started heating up.... REALLY, they didn't have any communication with us, we had no clue he was here. We decided to pack up and head out because we hadn't planned on camping all weekend, and happened to see the maintenance guy heading out.... My husband proceeded to check out and no one asked how our stay was, the girl didn't even look up just grabbed the key??? We will not stay at any ROCKY MOUNTAIN RESORT location ever again!!!! If you want to camp out they have designated locations no need to pay for lodging with no hot water! Not to mention rooms were very crammed and electrical cords all over..... ugghh ALSO they didn't pick up the last guests contact drops, which was open near the sink... yuck!@

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We rented a nicely renovated little room (2A Glacier Lily) with nice amenities and it looked good. Until the neighbors on both sides got back in the late evening and stomped, pounded and slammed until well after midnight. One night the room on the west was billowing smoke and the detectors squawked for a long time--the "flue stuck". Our room was smoky for the rest of the night, not to mention the raucous noise coming from their room, again it was well after midnight when they finally calmed. The point is, it's noisy in those connected rooms and if you want to sleep, rent a detached cabin. The structure of the rooms is obviously on a platform, and every noise transmits. Location is excellent, housekeeping is great. Loved everything EXCEPT the lack of sleep!

Room Tip: Rent a cabin!
Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and myself spent 5 nights at the Timber Creek Chalets. We were impressed with the remodeling of room 2A and found it to be very comfortable. The bed was great and the location was very quiet except for the bikers (Harleys) who would leave early in the morning from the resort across the street. The location was very convenient with the RMNP entrance only about 3 miles away and a short drive to the shops/restaurants of downtown. We enjoyed the small patio area in front of our room and would read when the daily afternoon thunderstorms would roll in. I do wish the office would open earlier in the morning so that we could hit the road for home sooner. We always enjoy our stay in Estes and we are already talking about bringing relatives back to this resort next Summer.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the rooms on line before you book. Each room is different and unique.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pwax
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We just stayed here a few nights while visiting RMNP and it is a very conviently located. Only a few miles from one entrance to RMNP and less than 5 mintues to downtown. It smelled really musty in the bathroom and aggraveted allergies. They do allow pets so if any allergies I wouldn't recommend staying here. They need to replace the bed, but other than that everything was clean. Convenient parking and quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here because I needed a place for me and my dog to stay for three nights.

On my way to Rocky Mountain National Park, I saw the chalets and their sign saying they were pet friendly. I called the off-site operator, and was able to get a deal--stay two nights and get the third night free. (It's the off season now). The pet charge is $15 per pet per night. Worth it to me, because my dog gets traumatized in kennels.

They also had a large fridge and a gift pack of small chocolates, cocoa packets, trail mix, and microwaveable popcorn. This was a nice element I wasn't expexcting.

Also, when I checked in at the Fawn Valley Lodge (which is about a mile away and closer to the Park, and where guests of the chalets check in during the off-season) I found out I could check out up to two DVD's at a time to watch in my room. They have a flat screen TV that plays DVDs. It was great. I watched Kubrick's The Shining and three other movies during my stay.

Last, they have a wood-burning fireplace (with free wood) and a hot tub.

Room Tip: The quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. There were not many guests since it was the off season, but d...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo