Timber Creek Chalets
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)
View Hotel
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)
View Hotel
The Maxwell Inn(Estes Park)
View Hotel
The Haber Motel(Estes Park)
View Hotel
Silver Moon Inn(Estes Park)
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenhot tubeast entrancethree nightsstay there againbeds were very comfortableshort drivenational parkunitfutontccrmnpestesofficepatiodowntownmnt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2007

My wife and I have been traveling to Estes Park during March every year for our anniversay. Until last year we had stayed in 3 or 4 different places and enjoyed our stays, however, none of the other places stood out so much that we would not try another place. This all changed last March! We stayed in the newly remodeled Unit #2 and absolutely loved it! One of the biggest advantages of the Timber Creeks' Units is they located on the north side of Fall River Road. The Units are higher than Fall River Road so the views are better. We also had more luck seeing animals during our most recent stay. One morning we woke up to a family of Mountain Goats, just ouytside our kitchen window.

All in all, we have found a favorite place to stay while visting Estes Park! We have another trip booked in a month, this trip we are bringing along my wife's parents and her Sister/Husband are joining us from Denver.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jimandrose
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Our time at Timber Creek was WONDERFUL! We stayed three nights in #11 this past weekend and had an awesome time! The room was updated with lots of space; a big bathroom, a fully loaded kitchen, and a wonderful fire place. After searching for an entire weekend for the best place at the right price we were nervous about our final choice. But are now very confident that this was it! Staying of Fall River is very, very over rated. You spend all your time at the RMNP or in town. The location was perfect and the people were very helpful!

Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2007

We booked a couple nights at TCCs as part of a week-long tour through the Colorado Rockies. Cheapskate that I am, I spent hours online looking for the "ultimate deal", which is an uphill battle in Estes Park.
I discovered a small (as advertised) unit that sleeps two, offers a king bed and small kitchenette. It was very reasonably priced (around a hundred bucks), so I snatched it up. Unfortunately, it was only available for two of the three nights we had scheduled for Estes Park, so we had to find alternate lodging for the last night.
Suffice it to say we were disappointed we couldn't have stayed all three nights at TCCs, because we found it to be a very pleasant experience.
The staff is overly friendly (although I've found that to be the case with Colorado in general...or did I just meet the right people on our vacation?). Also helpful (I had trouble with wi-fi and they went way above and beyond to get me online, which I eventually did, but it was totally an issue with my laptop, not their system).
My only complaints are that the room was not air-conditioned (it was very warm when we were there), and the patio area needed a good sweeping, as well as the grill needing a good cleaning.
Otherwise, the price was right, the setting was nice (very near a busy highway, but that's the way it is in the mountains), and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Timber Creek Chalets to family and friends.
One final note: an earlier reviewer made note of the proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park...which was great. Traffic in Estes Park in the summer is NUTSO. Be prepared to deal with stand-still traffic in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank daler_7
Reviewed June 6, 2007

We stayed 4 nights at this property in May. It is between Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, allowing for easy access to either. It was wonderful to be able to drive into the park without having to deal with tourist traffic in town. The property is directly across the street from the Fall River and you can hear the river from your chalet. Wildlife abounds. Elk and deer were often on the hotel property when we awakened and a couple of chipmunks decided to hang out on our patio, to the delight of our daughter (and ourselves!).

The accomodations were very inviting. We stayed in Unit 10, Calypso Orchid. It was a 2 bedroom / 2 bath unit which also had sleeping area for 4 more people in an area right off the kitchen. It had a full kitchen, gas fireplace in the living room and a view of the mountain across the street. The staff was friendly and hlepful, asking if we needed anything when they saw us out.

The bedding was good and the saccomodations were attractive. This is not the Ritz, but it is perfect for a family vacation. Nothing to complain about!

The property has a pool (though it was too cold when we were there to use it), a hot tub and a wonderful playground for kids.

I look forward to returning to the area and I will definitely stay at Timbercreek Chalets again if at all possible.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family