“Hometown Friendly”

Add it.
Reel Mountain Theater
Ranked #3 of 6 Fun & Games in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: See Hollywood's latest blockbusters, edgy independents and exciting special events. With digital sound, small town service and no sticky feet!
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What a great little theater! Spotlessly clean, shows three shows at least three times daily, close to food and lodging around Lake Estes.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Reel Mountain Theater is a three screen theater. Seating is comfortable and snack prices were far better than most along the front range of Northern Colorado. The only negative would be the sound proofing between theaters. You could here the bass noise from the movie next to the one we were in. Other than that, it was great.

1  Thank Trav_GuruGreeley_Co
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very small and a little cold and only three movies, but did enjoy the lack of crowds. Prices were decent as well.

1  Thank Joanna A
Reviewed September 1, 2009

As a local patron, I would like to thank Mark and his family for providing such a great place to see most newly released titles. The environment is warm, inviting, friendly, and best of all, the prices are insanely reasonable! I just went to a movie in Denver, and the "matinee" discount was a lousy 25 cents! Seriously? And it was $9.75 for the matinee price! Thank you Mark, there are many days when a good movie helps keep me sane! I love, love, love our local theatre!

5  Thank rplshpn
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I normally do not write these reviews. However, I was treated so very badly in this theater
that I feel I must let people know. I was kicked out of the theater for what I feel was a
retaliation against me for making special requests and for complaining about the
treatment I received from the employees when I made the requests. I felt I was singled
out because I had the nerve to question them and to complain. The Manager was unwilling
to listen to me and here my side of the story, instead he was arrogant and accusatory
telling me that I was disruptive. I feel he was purposely do this so I would become upset and
try to get me to do something so he would have a real reason to kick me out. Once he
realized that I refused to fall into his trap, he had me kicked out for no reason. He
even refused to give me a reason.

You can judge for yourself if my story is believable or not. However, I felt so strongly about it, that I had to write this.

Is this the way a business treats visitors to Estes Park? I do not recommend to give this theater any of your business. .

I read some reviews that folks believe this is a family friendly place? Think about it...they are willing to kick someone out, causing that person to miss a family outing, and all over a drink????? This is called Customer Servicet??? You can't stay on top forever.. maybe someone will compete with them and then they will need to provide real customer service?
Well, if you have an option, I recommend going somewhere else.

Take in mind, this is my side of the story. You can decide for yourself.....

1  Thank KME_Ent
bestestes, Owner at Reel Mountain Theater, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2009

Ouch! I personally dealt with the gentleman that wrote this unfair review. That day, with large numbers of customers moving through the lobby, the gentleman chose to make a dramatic statement by loudly berating our staff and myself for not accommodating his vague demands and he never stopped yelling at us long enough to hear the answer he was demanding. Unfortunately he did not respond to my request to tone it down, and being personally responsible for everyone else's comfort and safety, I decided that it was out of my control and local law enforcement had to intervene to finally convince the customer that he was creating a scene- ultimately he heard them and left the theater with a full refund. You can be assured that if you come into our theater and cause a big enough scene that other customers complain about their safety, we will ask you to leave. So, bring your families and enjoy a safe place to go and have fun. I can be easily reached via the theater website for any additional information about this incident, including the dramatic security video, that tells the whole truth. THAT was an exciting day at Reel Mountain Theater.
Mark Igel, Owner