“Great Ride in RMNP”

National Park Gateway Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Saddle up with our horses and guide as we ride through the scenic trails and meadows in the Colorado Rockies. We offer a range of tours from a two-hour ride which includes beautiful points of interest like Fall River, Hidden Meadow and the enchanting Horseshoe Park. Along with four and six-hour tours, we also offer a full-day experience for the most adventurous spirits that explores the Roaring River, Ypsilon Lake and the historic Lawn Lake. Bring snacks and water for the ride, or join us for our Dinner Ride which includes a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park and a dinner at the Trailhead Restaurant. As part of a family business with over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on the care and love we have for our horses, these mountains and your safety and experience. Join us soon for a unique western adventure soon!
Washington, USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Ride in RMNP”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I did the 4 hour ride through Rocky Mountain National Park last week. It was a great ride although I would agree with another reviewer in that our guide didn't give us a whole lot of information. I rode with 2 couples and the guide and for the most part, the trip was very quiet. We stayed in the same order on the trail that made it hard (I was in the middle) for those in the back to hear if/when the guide did make comments (He talked more at the beginning of the ride, but then went silent). That wasn't all bad, except I think we all expected to hear a little more about the park. The horses were all great and the ride was just challenging enough for me. We saw a bull elk alongside the trail. I would use this stable again, but would be interested in a more interactive ride.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jennysgreenbook

Branchville, New Jersey
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great Views, Impersonal Guide”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The views were great and definitely a somewhat different perspective than you get from the road. We did the 4 hour ride and expected to hear some interesting things from the guide about the area, but it was a very quiet ride. I guess it really wasn't what we were expecting to get out of a guide who rides through the park on a regular basis. We could have walked through the park by ourselves and learned just as much. The horses were great and the views were spectacular, we were just hoping for more from our guide. It may have been nice to switch the order of people on the way back, so the people in the back got a chance to be near the front.

3 Thank Woohoo451
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We loved this!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our family of 4 (2 girls ages 8 and 10) did the 2-hour ride at 10am. Dynett (sp?) was our guide and she was great with the kids, especially making sure their saddles were keeping them sitting straight. She was really informative and this was a great way to see parts of the Rockies that we otherwise wouldn't have seen. We saw a bunch of elk and a family of turkeys. My husband and I haven't ridden in years and our girls have never been on a trail ride before -- 2 hours was the perfect length of time. They did have a photographer that took pictures and had prints available at the end of the ride. We bought the 2 of the girls as a keepsake.

1 Thank TravelWithFamily4
Austin
3 attraction reviews
“Great adventure with beautiful views!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A large group of us were in Estes Park for a wedding. A few of us were looking for some adventures in the area. We were told by our great hotel Murphy's River Lodge about this adventure. Four of us went on this horse back ride. We paid $50 for 2 hour ride through the Rocky Mountain National park. It had amazing views. I took my SLR camera to take lots of photos. I got some great views. Our tour guide was a young 18 year old man who did a great job!! The front desk lady was nice but seemed really unhappy about working there along with the man who takes your pictures. If tourism is your job you think you would be a little more friendly with people who were buying your tours. The ride through the Rocky Mountain National park is included and you do not have to pay more for the park pass. I would recommend this. It did start raining on the way back. Make sure if you take a nice camera put it in a bag or cover in case it rains on your ride. I would recommend this as a fun adventure!

Madison, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best ways to see the Moutains”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a great time. It made you feel like a western traveler. The horses knew exactly what they were doing and the guide was fantastic. even though it was raining, she still was enthusiastic and told us about other great things we could do outside of horseback riding.

If you want to feel like a true cowboy, you have to do this.