“Dream Fulfilled!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of National Park Gateway Stables

National Park Gateway Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Saddle up with our horses and guide as we ride through the scenic trails and meadows in the Colorado Rockies. We offer a range of tours from a two-hour ride which includes beautiful points of interest like Fall River, Hidden Meadow and the enchanting Horseshoe Park. Along with four and six-hour tours, we also offer a full-day experience for the most adventurous spirits that explores the Roaring River, Ypsilon Lake and the historic Lawn Lake. Bring snacks and water for the ride, or join us for our Dinner Ride which includes a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park and a dinner at the Trailhead Restaurant. As part of a family business with over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on the care and love we have for our horses, these mountains and your safety and experience. Join us soon for a unique western adventure soon!
Missouri
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Dream Fulfilled!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was so nervous and rattled about my first horseback ride. Made a trip to the restroom before our scheduled ride, and strolled into the "Men's" room, yeah, I'm a lady. And yes, one of the male guides was washing his hands.
I told our guide I wanted a short, slow horse, thinking the fall off a short horse would not be as life threatening. Well, my horse "Lollipop" was the tallest! But, quickly became my best bud. This experience was the highlight of our week-long trip to Colorado. Our guide (Riley) was very understanding and answered all my amateur questions. He made me feel very at-ease and safe. Felt like a real cowgirl. We took the 2 hour ride which was perfect. Staff was welcoming, organized and very polite.

2 Thank Jossey

Champaign, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We took a 2-hour ride on horseback into Rocky Mountain National Park from this stable. The guide knew how to handle horses, and we had a relaxed ride through woods and on the edge of a meadow. The scenery was beautiful. The horses were well trained. If I could offer a suggestion for improvement, it would be that the guides know about the geology, flora and fauna of the park so they can answer riders' questions about what they are seeing. Our guide was not from the area so she couldn't answer many of our questions. We selected this stable because of great reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm not sure whether the other stables could have offered more information about the park.

Waterloo, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a large group and they were able to accommodate us! We did the two hour ride and it was perfect! My daughter is only 5 and only been on a horse a few times. I was worried she might be nervous but she did awesome! She can't stop talking about it!
I would highly recommend a ride with these guys!

1 Thank jill k
Rio, Wisconsin
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The ride was nice and the horses were well behaved. We had Hannah as a tour guide and she did a very good job. We stopped at a pretty spot and she took everyone's picture which was really nice.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This stable and its sister stable Cowpoke are the best! The horses literally don't have a bug on them and the stables are kept so clean. The staff was friendly and adorable. This stable offers the less adventures ride but you see a ton of animals along the way.

1 Thank Merch7