“Best Trail Ride” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Park Gateway Stables

National Park Gateway Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Saddle up with our horses and guide as we ride through the scenic trails and meadows in the Colorado Rockies. We offer a range of tours from a two-hour ride which includes beautiful points of interest like Fall River, Hidden Meadow and the enchanting Horseshoe Park. Along with four and six-hour tours, we also offer a full-day experience for the most adventurous spirits that explores the Roaring River, Ypsilon Lake and the historic Lawn Lake. Bring snacks and water for the ride, or join us for our Dinner Ride which includes a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park and a dinner at the Trailhead Restaurant. As part of a family business with over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on the care and love we have for our horses, these mountains and your safety and experience. Join us soon for a unique western adventure soon!
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Trail Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Stable hands, and horses were well trained to guide us up 10,000 feet to the top of the mountain. Our Trail Guide James was very knowledgable about the land and ensured our safety up and down. My horse Joker knew to manuever the terrain very well. The scenery was so beautiful and conversation was very pleasant. Thank you to all the folks at Gateway Stables for making my day.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank countrygirlatheart64

New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Horsebacking Riding in RMNP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had never been horseback riding but decided that riding in Rocky Mountain National Park would be worth trying it. National Park Gateway Stables was recommended by our hotel as they are one of only 2 concessions that actually rides in the Park. I decided to book the early morning 2 hr ride with them. Our guide, Chelsea, was great. She was friendly and easy going. I had mentioned that I had never ridden before so they gave me a very gentle horse, Jess. Not everyone in my group was so lucky and one of the guys had a very stubborn horse who had a mind of his own. Chelsea was good at keeping the group together and moving along. We had hoped to see some wildlife on the early ride, but we just saw alot of pretty scenery. I would recommend the ride and this stable for anyone wanting to ride in the park. The stable offers a couple of different rides, but I would recommend the 2 hr ride if you have never ridden before. 2 hours on a horse if plenty for your first ride.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank TwoKayakers
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience horseback riding at National Park Gateway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just recently a friend and I went to National Park Gateway for a 4 hour horseback ride near Estes Park. My friend and I were lucky enough to catch the early morning 8 AM start time and so it was just her, I and our guide Chelsea. Thank you Chelsea for a scenic and safe ride through some amazing terrain. The ride and the conversation during our 4 hours was memorable. Chelsea is a great asset to the business and I hope she is recognized for her tremendous riding and people skills.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank CRRider
Omaha, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went up alluvial fan to Mt. Yupsilon. I tried to tell guilde my horse had problem-yep, an 8 hr trip and a bad shoe's a problem. The guide walked the remainder up, and all the way down so I could ride his guidehorse & he walked my horse down. I tried to get him to let me walk for awhile-wouldnt hear of it. Poor guy! Yes, they should of checked the health & what not of the horses, but who is say when and why it became loose initially. I'm sure it was not the guide's fault, not mine, and I'm not one to blame everyone but me. It is a reality of life that things happen beyond anyone's control. I, unlike a lot of otehr people, "get it". I refuse to give this place a bad name because of this issue I know no details about. Unlike some other people on this site..

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Tess L
New Haven, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Helpful interesting trail ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good experience for novice riders. Friendly and knowledgeable guides, calm horses, and a just right two-hour ride

Visited September 2012