“"Awesome"”

National Park Gateway Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Saddle up with our horses and guide as we ride through the scenic trails and meadows in the Colorado Rockies. We offer a range of tours from a two-hour ride which includes beautiful points of interest like Fall River, Hidden Meadow and the enchanting Horseshoe Park. Along with four and six-hour tours, we also offer a full-day experience for the most adventurous spirits that explores the Roaring River, Ypsilon Lake and the historic Lawn Lake. Bring snacks and water for the ride, or join us for our Dinner Ride which includes a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park and a dinner at the Trailhead Restaurant. As part of a family business with over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on the care and love we have for our horses, these mountains and your safety and experience. Join us soon for a unique western adventure soon!
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I went on the 6hr trail ride to the summit of deer mountain, and it was wonderful. The views were so beautiful and the wind was nice and cool. Our trail guide Chad, was awesome. He explained everything about the mountains. And the horses were really easy going and calm. Great experience and deffinitely will do it again. This was my 4th time at this stable. :)

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My friends and I went on the 2 hour trail ride and enjoyed it immensely! Chad, our tour guide, and the stable staff were friendly and knowledegable of not only the horses, but also of the area and it's history. The horses were well cared for and behaved. I felt very comfortable during our trip even with my very limited experience with horses! We enjoyed it enough that we will be planning our next ride up to Deer Mountain!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've been coming to Estes Park for years and ride regularly. This year I thought I try these stables because of the write up on Trip Advisor and I wanted to try some new trails. I stopped by to check out the horses before deciding to ride and they were beautiful and healthy-looking; however, the mount I was given had some kind of condition on his nose that was covered by some kind of material attached to the bridle. On top of that, the horse was wearing a hackamore which controls the horse via pressure on the nose (see photos). I brought it up to the manager, Katie, that I wasn't happy with my horse assignment. Her response, "I think he's beautiful." Okay. I think it's fair to say that the young people who work at these stables aren't very comfortable with dealing with adult customers with concerns. This review in no way reflects on the trail guide. Very nice young man.

1  Thank Karen_Herndon
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We took the 1 hour ride, since we had plans later in the day. It wasn't very far, but it was kind of fun to be up on the horses. A more expensive activity, but the price was on par with other stables in the area. Our guide was perky and sweet and we saw a couple of nice views into the valley.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My mom and I went on a two hour trail ride here and had a great time. This is the second time I've gone horseback riding in Estes Park, and these stables were excellent. I learned a lot about how to carry myself and how to control the horse. Our trail guide, Cassandra, knew a lot about the area and the horses we rode. The stables take excellent care of their horses- they have horses there over 30 years old. It was also a great recommendation to take a bottle of water on the trail ride.