“Amazing and Experienced Trailride”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sombrero Ranch

Sombrero Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Attraction, Activity
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing and Experienced Trailride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had an amazing trip up the mountain. It was very relaxing to know you're on a horse who you can trust will pretty much do the job for you with little-to-no guidance. Our wrangler was very knowledgable, experienced and seemed to still be excited about the "job" of guiding us by horse through the beautiful park!! We will absolutely ride with Sombrero again and I must say the horses were taken very good care of and were all so sweet!!

1 Thank Jennifer D

Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I took the 2 hour ride and it was an awesome experience. Taylor, our trail guide, was incredibly friendly and chatted with us throughout the ride pointing out interesting things along the way. She was also very patient with novice riders ... as were the horses. The scenery is beautiful and the views from the stopping points along the trail were awe inspiring (see pic). I would definitely recommend Sombrero Ranch.

1 Thank Julian V
Coconut Creek, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“2 hour ride was beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Friendly staff, good price, well trained horses and the beautiful views made our 2 hour ride fabulous.

1 Thank jeanientom
New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“In spite of the flood - they are OPEN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The ranch clearly had some flood damage, but they are in good shape now and were open for business when I visited on October 13. The trails do not appear to be damaged at all and the horses were not quite as plentiful, but still plenty, in good health, and there is still a wide variety of sizes to accommodate all riders (I am on the big side). It was a beautiful day for a ride, and the town seemed busy and "open for business," although a bit quieter than normal due to the reduced access and less traffic. I went on a 1 hour ride with a small group of very inexperienced riders and it was a really nice, easy, gentle ride for all. The trip into Estes Park (I came from Highway 119/Canyon Blvd from Boulder to Nederland, then Hwy 72 through Granby, then Hwy 7 (Peak to Peak Hwy) into Estes Park) was about 2 hours, and the flood damage was very apparent all the way up. In spite of this, the road was in good shape in most spots and easily passable with my rental car. The wranglers were very kind to hold the ride a few minutes for me when it was apparent I had misjudged the time it would take to get there and I was a little late. The day I visited, I rode "Sis," a big black mare that is well-trained and loves to be patted. It was good to see the people of Colorado recovering, and even better to see that this wonderful operation is still in good shape and up and running. If you are considering a visit to Ested Park, do go -- the businesses are open -- and you'll have Rocky Mountain National Park (such as where Sombrero trails go) basically to yourself! Have fun!!

Visited October 2013
Thornton, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A trail for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This trail ride has something for everyone - open fields, wooded areas, a nice mountain climb, and beautiful Continental Divide views! All ages should be comfortable with this ride in Estes Park.

Visited October 2013