“Worth every penny!”

Sombrero Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Attraction, Activity
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Treat yourself to a fabulous ride! Our group of seven decided that we needed to add a horse trip to our Girls Weekend. Kathleen, our guide, was as friendly and helpful as she could be. The scenery was beautiful, and the two hour ride was just enough for our party. It was just what we needed for a special memory! Fun!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been around horses my entire life and Sombrero's are EXCELLENT. Very calm, well mannered, and they don't try to take off with your kids when you turn towards home! We did the steak fry ride & enjoyed taking a break for dinner during our ride. The trail we rode runs through Roosevelt National Forest, so the scenery was beautiful. Our guide gave excellent tips to the beginners on how to navigate our horses up hills & back down so that everyone had a safe trip.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

One of the few places we found that let our 2 1/2 year old double-ride with an adult. The horses for our other kids were so calm and well-trained. They just followed the lead horse & guide. We did the 1 hour ride, which was plenty for the little one (she fell asleep in the saddle). Beautiful views and a wonderful experience for the kids.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We did a two hour ride with Sombrero and had a great time. Austin was our guide, and he was friendly and knowledgeable about the area and the horses. The horses were sure-footed and we all felt very safe (we had our 11 year old and 8 year old with us.) The trail takes you through a national forest and you are on some rocky terrain for a while, but again, none of us were ever worried about our safety. We climbed quite high, also, which provided some great views of Long's Peak and the surrounding area. This was a fun activity and it's definitely worth it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I haven't been riding since I was a kid, but the people and horses at Sombrero's Estes Park stables clearly all loved horses, their work, and put their heart into their work. Want a helmet? They're provided. Want to bring water or a rain jacket? Small, personal saddlebags provided. My husband and I lucked out and got a guide all to ourselves for a 3-hour tour, which allowed us plenty of time to stop and take pictures and observe wildlife and nature at its best. Just be prepared: Guides work for tips so have $20 per rider/per hour handy; I didn't realize it wasn't covered in the cost of the ride but they were happy to run my card for it. All in all - worth every penny.