“Try the MT Bomber!”

Ranked #70 of 129 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Mountain Munchies opened May 2005, serving the best hot dogs in Estes Park, Colorado. The Tiki Bar was added in 2010, making the place rock all summer long. We have live music every Friday and Saturday night. Our bartenders make boat drinks from real fruit and juices, they make the best mojitos in the Rocky Mountains, and they are the friendliest bartenders in town. The Tiki Bar has the largest selection of rum in Northern Colorado, ask about our rum runners club. So if you want that island experience when visiting the mountains, a place where you can escape the downtown bustle and sit next to the Big Thompson River on our outdoor patio, the only place to be is the TIKI BAR. Come, sit, and stay on our patio by the Big Thompson river where the boat drinks are made fresh, the staff is laid back and the Island music never stops. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Best outdoor patio in Estes Park, Colorado, with the Rocky Mountain National Park in the background. Hang out where the locals party!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Try the MT Bomber!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was looking for something local to grab a quick bite to eat and this place sounded interesting. It's tucked out of the way off the main street right next to the river and the building doesn't look like much but I decided to give it a try anyways. I ordered the MT Bomber which is a hot dog wrapped in bacon and deep fried. It was delicious!! They also have elk brats and other various foods as well. Definitely stop here if you're into trying something new!

Visited July 2013

Olathe, KS
“Great views and wonderful service.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved going here for the scenery. Outside seating right on the river. You could fish from your seat, if they would let you...ha! We just had drinks in the Tiki Bar area. Island music and décor in the mountains! The couple that ran the place were very nice. They sat down with us for a few minutes. Highly recommend you stop by for a cold drink. next time we are trying the food.

Visited July 2013
“This Place Actually Ruined Our Evening”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

On the evening of the Fourth of July, my wife and I went to Mountain Munchies and ordered a hotdog, chili fries, a milk shake and a soda. After close to an hour of waiting for our food, we noticed that a number of people who had ordered after we did had their food and we still had nothing. When I checked on the order, I was told that it was just about ready. When I inquired again 15 minutes later, I was told that they had not started our order and that because of a "broken printer", they in fact had no record of our order. Flawed technology can happen to anyone, but in this case, rather than an apology and a promise to cook our food as quickly as possible, we were yelled at for not being more understanding about their printing glitch ("haven't you ever had anything go wrong?") We finally left with a refund of our money and empty bellies. The food at Mountain Munchies might be tasty, but good luck getting it.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dana R
Wichita, Kansas
“Mountain Munchies Serves the best Elk Brat”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Imagine, scenes of the islands in a mountain resort town. Hard to imagine. While here the thoughts of ocean waves laping on the sandy beaches come to mind. While there you can enjoy the best brats I've had in a long time. No you won't see many locals in grass skirts there but you can meet the owners who make you feel right at home. Come have a tropical drink and elk brat and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“A little bit of the islands in the mountains!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Mountain Munchies & The Tiki Bar Room is the best kept secret in Estes of you want delicious "munchies" or a quiet, little bar. It sits right on the the river so you can enjoy your elk brat outside on the patio as you listen to the river rush past. Not only does it have "munchies," but a nice menu that highlights its elk brats, along with the best chili dog I've ever tasted, and French fries that are light, tasty, and the best you will ever enjoy! It's a full service bar where the owner makes her own margarita mix, and it will be the most delicious margarita that you have ever had! It's a friendly little place run by a husband and wife, with all the decor and fun of the islands planted right in the middle of Estes! It's a breath of fresh air amidst all the typical moutain decor. When I mentioned that I would like to take an elk brat back home to my son, several hundred miles away, the owner fixed one and wrapped the brat and toasted bun in seperate foil packages, along with condiments, so I could pack it on ice in my cooler ready for the trip home the next day! It traveled well and my son enjoyed every bite! They open in late winter and stay open well past the summer tourist seaon. If you're tired of the tourists and bear and elk themed places, Mountain Munchies & the Tiki Bar is the place to go! It's a fun place and makes you dream of being in the islands for some "fun in the sun" while you're enjoying the beauty of the Rockies!

Visited June 2013