“Good sushi!”
Review of Sushi Yama Express - CLOSED

Sushi Yama Express
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I ordered spicy California roll with shrimp tempura. It was good. The service isn't real friendly... Did ok though. I'm used to the oriental restaurants not being very friendly. Very clean and professional.

1  Thank Lipsticklady
There are newer reviews for Sushi Yama Express

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Nothing to dislike at all, the sushi was some of the best I have had, and I eat a lot of it. I selected the spicy combo which contained both spicy tuna and spicy salmon, both were excellent and it came with a very tasty miso soup...yum. I am allergic to avocado, which is found in a lot of sushi, but was pleasantly surprised to see cucumber and celery in its place when my combo arrived. Without even asking, I assume the sushi chef overheard me telling my friends of my allergy and made the substitution all on his own. That is the type of service I love. My friends got the chili roll, excellent, the sweet potato roll, which was very good with the added crispness, and a eel/cucumber roll, which was also very good.
The restaurant is somewhat small, but there is seating outside for plenty people and on a nice spring day it is very pleasant. It in located right across the main street from the library and there is plenty of parking there at the library. The price was very reasonable compared to some I have had before and the staff were attentive and gracious. I will definitely eat here again if in Estes Park.

1  Thank cuttershelper
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This part of Colorado has some great sushi restaurants, this is not one of them. The fish was of poor quality and was far from fresh. I live here, but would not be motivated to return.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Sushi was not bad for central Colorado. From my experience, Estes Park restaurants are generally overpriced and touristy. I was craving sushi and it did the trick, but was nothing special.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Really the appetizer was the tip that dinner would be good. Had the shrimp dumpling soup. Then shared 6 rolls, the best was the crunchy shrimp tempora. I like sushi restaurants that have a "house" creation or specialty. They didn't but it was good, down the middle sushi. Great service, good food, we will see them again.

2  Thank jimvet1826