This was our second stay in Discovery Lodge, we came here 3 years ago and liked to come back to their new remodeled rooms. We had 2 queens, downstairs with great 2 big windows with nice views over Estes Park and mountains in the distance. Our overall satisfaction is good but went down from the last stay. Here are few recommendations for hotel mangers if they read those reviews: bathroom showed signed of redo, new shower fixers, very nice BUT to make it really nice they should buy curtain rod that is curved and use softer curtain to give shower more room and more pleasant appearance. Toilet paper holder is in such a place that you have to be a gymnast to be able to use it ( we removed the roll and kept it close).
Room is very specious, beds nice firm but very comfortable. The only negative was glass in the door has not coverage so in the morning if you sleep longer than sun raise you will have a sun in your eyes.
Be aware that there is no AC in those rooms ( last time we were in 1 queen and there was a small AC unit), it was not a big problem but there is no air flow through the room so kind of difficult to keep it cool.
Overall it is still very nice hotel, we may be back, but back to smaller room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Discovery Lodge. We are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park Colorado. Although we are located near downtown, the views of the Rocky Mountains are clearly visible and some of the best. Here at the Discovery Lodge you are located just 10 minutes from the Rocky Mountain National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Discovery Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Hotel Estes Park
- Discovery Motel Estes Park