This large establishment is located on the east side of town, almost across the street from the Stanley Hotel. If you need to be IN the downtown area, look elsewhere. Rooms were large and very comfy, if a bit dated, but with the separate vanity area that makes getting ready in the morning easier. No AC as mentioned, but we used the box fan and for us, it was fine. No hairdryer in the room, but they had them at the desk. Large pond, (you can fish!) playground, horseshoes and huge grounds make it a very attractive site for families. Our first floor room had sliding glass doors to the outside as the only door, which might make some people nervous. Safeway and many other useful stores across the street. The town Information center is right next door and you can take a shuttle to downtown if you want to ditch your car for a while. (Although parking seemed plentiful and free in town.) This motel seemed a bit expensive to me, but I guess that's what you get in a resort town like Estes Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Discovery Lodge. We are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park Colorado. Although we are located near downtown, the views of the Rocky Mountains are clearly visible and some of the best. Here at the Discovery Lodge you are located just 10 minutes from the Rocky Mountain National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Discovery Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Hotel Estes Park
- Discovery Motel Estes Park