We stayed at the Discovery Lodge for 2 nights in December. They are open all year round! We had a room on the end of the upstairs main lodge. It had a king size bed, all log furniture, a small fridge, tv of course, dresser, closet, small bay window with two comfy chairs and a table overlooking a part of Lake Estes. It had a small balcony with two chairs, but too cold for us to use that....would be extremely pleasant in the spring, summer or fall. Rebecca was delightful and very helpful. Teddy the dog is also a delight - he will fetch tennis balls and bring them back to you, all in the reception area. He can hold two at once in his mouth! The reception area has games, books, a rocking chair, comfy sofas. A wonderfully welcoming place. There is a play area down from the reception building and more rooms which are open in the main seasons. Also a horseshoe area and gazebo, and a fishing pond which is stocked. We had a great time and will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Discovery Lodge. We are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park Colorado. Although we are located near downtown, the views of the Rocky Mountains are clearly visible and some of the best. Here at the Discovery Lodge you are located just 10 minutes from the Rocky Mountain National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Discovery Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Hotel Estes Park
- Discovery Motel Estes Park