“Great place to stay!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
charlotte, nc
“Great place to stay!!!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Caprissa and Eric were the perfect hosts. Our accomodations were lovely and our breakfast outstanding. We will surely stay again if we are in the area,. Their home has so much charm and you are made to feel at home.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rapid City, SD
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Lately my wife and I have been making tons of trips around the denver area from South Dakota, but never thought to stop and stay in this gem of a town. Beautiful area. It was my first time staying at a B&B so i was a bit apprehensive about th trip, but relaxation was was my wife and i ended and that is exactly what we received.
Between the excellent hosts (Caprissa and Erik thank you!!!) to the great breakfast to the room it was all top notch.
While id reccomend our room anyday (Boyd Room) Id call ahead if you are registering any of the other two rooms. they are very small so if you are staying as a couple it may be a bit cramped. One room only had a super cool but very small swedish shower for instance.

Either way, it was a great experience and i plan to go back someday.

• Liked — Hosts
  • Disliked — no problems at all
Spring, TX
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This beautiful, historic home is only a minute from the heart of Estes Park. Caprissa and Eric (and Maggie) were most gracious hosts. The environment was relaxing, to do as much or as little as I pleased. The bed was comfy and the shower was "an experience"! Breakfast was a real treat too! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Kristi B.
Spring, TX

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Los Altos, CA
Reviewed June 16, 2008

My husband and I just came back from a four night stay and even though I will just be reiterating what everyone else has already mentioned, it bears mentioning again.

We stayed at the Sterling room and, yes, it is small, but for us, it was very comfortable and we slept well every night. The shower is fantastic and was the reason why I picked this room over the larger Boyd suite.

The few times that we weren't out and about, I spent either in the front porch or the outside gazebo which were so relaxing and I enjoyed the views.

We also thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts.

Finally, it doesn't matter how fantastic a place is, it's the hosts that make or break our stay and I can't say enough great things about Eric and Caprissa. Eric is a hoot! Once he gets going with his stories, you will find yourself laughing so hard until your stomach hurts. Caprissa is so nice and sweet that you can't help but feel welcome.

I highly recommend Gilded Pine Meadows and will absolutely stay there again.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Staying at Gilded Pine Meadows was, as I wrote in my title, our "home away from home" while we were in Estes Park. Caprissa and Eric were deligtful - friendly, helpful, warm and always avaialble, without being obtrusive. We even had Maggie, their border collie, there to greet us daily with her sweetness. We even threatened to take her home with us. We enjoyed the hot tub and the B&B itself was expansive enough to enjoy coffee on the patio, or read on the front porch. I would highly recommend this establishment for your stay in Estes Park. We were very sorry to have to say good-bye.

A bit about the Sterling Room. It was a tad small, but because we had use of the entire main floor, we weren't in the room much so it didn't really matter. We were not disappointed with breakfast. They were filling and delicious. Both Caprissa and Eric are great cooks and hosts. Eric loves to tell stories about the area and the history of the B&B and other buildings. Ask him about the Stanley Hotel.

As for the area, be sure to visit De Leo's Park Theatre Cafe & Delie. It is an absolute must! Tom will make you a sandwich that you will never forget and even better than the food (if that's possible) is the conversation with Tom. He is quite a character and really made our stay in Estes Park memorable. Also another must is Dolcetto's for gelato. We kept going back because there were so many great flavours to choose from, it took several visits to taste them all. For casual dining - Thai Kitchen (best cashew chicken I have ever had) and Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Taphouse BBQ (great fookd, huge portions).

We also took a nice hike to Bridal Veil Falls (see pic). Because spring arrived later than usual in the RMNP, we had few options to hike, as the snow was still up to 4 feet high on several of the trails, so Eric recommended this hike.

Enjoy your stay in Estes Park!

• Liked — Our hosts Caprissa, Eric and Maggie
  • Disliked — We had to leave!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We found our host to be very knowledgeable about the area. They made suggestions that made our trip even better. The best part of our stay was beyond their control. We stayed 2 nights and after breakfast the first morning I glanced out the front window and found 2 deer grazing in the front lawn. Then that night when we returned we found a herd of elk on the property. Being from the east coast we do not see this very often if at all.

The best thing we could say about any place we travel to is if we would stay there again. We would definitely stay here if we come back to the area.

• Liked — Scenery
  • Disliked — entrance
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncmatch
Long Island - soon to be Estes Park
Reviewed May 19, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Gilded Pine Meadows B&B in early April when we were looking for a home in Estes Park. I came back with my mother last weekend and we were greeted like long-lost friends. Caprissa and Eric were wonderful hosts (even though Caprissa wasn't feeling well). The breakfasts were wonderful -- I especially like Caprissa's variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola which is served as an appetizer before the hot breakfast. Sitting on the front porch, watching the elk in the yard, was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

One hidden secret, if you're concerned about walking up the front stairs, they have a back entrance with no steps. This was perfect for my 81 year old mother.

We'll be back next month, as friends rather than guests, since we'll be living in Estes Park, too.

• Liked — Beautifully decorated in victorian antiques - Caprissa & Eric were wonderful hosts
  • Stayed May 2008