“Spontaneous Get Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Eric and Caprissa are two of the most welcoming and accomodating people I have ever met. They do a true service to the Boyd family of Estes Park by passing on their history, and this shows the minute you walk into the establishment. Conversation is very easy to come by, and they show genuine interest in their guests, their guests needs, and their guests lives. I truly enjoyed all of the antiques and pictures in the home. The rooms are very warm (heated floors) and comfortable. The property is secluded making it easy to feel like you're away from civilization. The price that comes along with this gem is a steal. I look forward to visiting in the spring and summer. A definite must visit.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sanchop69

Reviewed February 27, 2008

I had such a wonderful staying at the Gilded Pine Meadow’s B&B. The house was cozy and warm. The owners were wonderful and very informative on the area. Eric directed me to just the right snow shoeing place. I especially enjoyed the history on the house that they were alble to share with me. I hope to find time to get back up there soon and would and will refer any and everyone here.
Nancy

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed December 30, 2007

We had a delightful stay! This historic Victorian edifice is absolutely charming and full of antiques and reading material for a relaxing get-away. Our bed in the Boyd Room was wonderful and the breakfast was gourmet quality. But the best part is that Eric and Caprissa have mastered the art of hosting a bed and breakfast. They know when to appear and when to disappear and are perfectly sensitive to their guests' needs for service and sightseeing recommendations on the one hand and for privacy on the other hand. 5 stars on all counts! We'll be back!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2007

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic time, and our hosts were more than helpful with everything involved in our first bed and breakfast experience. They were more than willing to educate us in regards to the local restaurants and attractions, and were quite helpful in giving us the basic rundown of RMNP.

We stayed in the Sterling Room, and although it's a bit cramped; the bed was very comfortable and we didn't feel boxed in at all. Our favorite part about the place is that you're staying in a virtual MUSEUM. The place is oozing history, and your hosts will provide you with as much information about the place as you can handle.

The food was nothing short of spectacular. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and our hosts not only accomodated this well, but got her hooked on a vegetarian sausage that she swears by today.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2007

The place was perfect, quiet, clean, and hosts were most helpful in suggestions for dining, hiking, etc. Breakfast of a fruit and yogurt parfait, quiche, bagel with fresh blueberry preserves, ham was delicous! Felt very at home and comfortable. Would recommend the place to friends and family! Will for sure make it a regular place to stay!

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed October 3, 2007

Caprissa and Eric were more like family than innkeepers, and it was all I could do not to try and stuff Maggie (their border collie) into my luggage to take home with me. The accomodations were more comfortable than any hotel room, and almost more comfortable than my own home. The breakfasts were better than I've had in my life. This is the very best B&B I've ever stayed at, and I've visited many. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed September 12, 2007

We stayed in the Sterling Room for one night and enjoyed the super shower. The breakfast was great and service excellent. The hot tub was exceptionally clean and relaxing. The hosts are interesting and we especially enjoyed having Eric tell us a lot of the history of the town and of the house and its many antiques. The hosts shared their knowledge of the area, activities, and places to visit, hike, etc.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple