“Great hospitality, room was cramped”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Eric really went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He suggested hiking trails and restaurants, and even made reservations for us. We stayed there for 2 days and he cooked us a wonderful breakfast on both days.
My only issue was with the room - we wanted to save money and booked the smaller bedroom in the house. The room, bed, and bathroom are really tiny. Go for the larger bedroom if you have a lot of luggage - we had two small suitcases and still felt cramped. The room is really just enough for one adult.

1  Thank travelbug_2683
There are newer reviews for Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Gilded Pine Meadows while in Estes Park to attend a wedding. Eric was a great host and the breakfast was delicious. It is a quiet location just out of downtown, but it is easily walkable to downtown. We will definitely stay there again if in Estes Park!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat44_10
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Don't have to say a lot, in a few words Eric was the perfect host! We understand now what western hospitality means, Eric make reservations for us at a local restaurant, plan our trip to the Park etc etc,If you are looking for a reasonable priced B&B, close to downtown but not too close, head to the Gilded Pine Meadows, you will arrive as guest and will leave as friend
"MERCI BEAUCOUP" Eric for what you did for us

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denbill
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I made a solo trip to Estes Park after spending a week at the Univ. of Colorado in Boulder for a seminar. Wanting to get a little R & R, I found the GPM on the internet and read the trip advisor reviews. Nearly all of them were perfect so I decided to book a three night stay so I could enjoy the Mountains and scenic beauty.

I found out very quickly what hospitality meant when I visited GPM. If you've never been to a B & B before, this place is the standard. The owners, Caprissa and her husband Eric, understand exactly what a B & B should be. There hospitality was first rate.

When I arrived at 4pm on Saturday, Eric was patiently waiting for me. I quickly found out that the house is a piece of Estes Park history. Eric was more than happy to explain the home's history from 1907! The home was beautifully decorated with vintage western style furniture, silver wear, and antiques. The parlor was wonderfully decorated. It even had a 19th century piano that was the first to be commercially sold. The room that I stayed in was well kept and comfortable. I had no complaints. Breakfast was SUPERB! Honestly, it was probably some of the best prepared breakfast I have ever had. I say this without any hesitation that it is the best breakfast in Estes Park hands down. My favorite was the freshly chopped apples and bananas mixed with yogurt and coconut shaving blended with granola. Unbelievable recipe!

Eric was an excellent hostess. He provided me with advice on where to eat, driving directions, or just his interesting conversation. Every afternoon Eric would make my reservations for dinner at a local restaurant (which he did not have to do). His recommendations were always good. He knew which places to frequent and which places to avoid in town. If you're interested in hiking in the Rocky Mt. Nat. Park, again Eric knows exactly what hikes to make. I made two hikes early in the morning that Eric helped plan. Eric was nice enough to wake up early to prepare breakfast for me (which again, I stress, he did not have to do) so I could hike with a full stomach. How many B & B's would do that? Not many!

If you're looking for a reasonably priced B & B close to Estes Park, but not so close you're in the downtown area, head to GPM. The owners are class and understand the dynamics of a B & B. They're down to earth people who treat their guests with unrivaled hospitality. Cheers GPM!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I booked the Bed and Breakfast for my son and girlfriend who was attending a wedding across the road. I asked them how the place was. From start to finish they enjoyed their stay. Eric met them at check in and gave them the history of the place and welcomed like they were family. This was the first time for both at a bed and breakfast and after the experience will not be their last. The room was well decorated and comfortable. They spoke highly about breakfast and stated they would pay just to have breakfast there. Eric was a great host and even offered to pick them up at the wedding if they had to much to drink. I will highly recommend this bed and breakfast to all based on my sons experience.Thanks to Eric for making there stay enjoyable.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

From start to finish, Eric was the perfect host! We arrived after hours due to our flight and Eric met us at the door with everything ready for us. He went above and beyond in order to anticipate and meet all of our needs, even calling ahead to investigate driving routes and parking availability for us for our hikes. He kept the whole place very clean and inviting and served good and full breakfasts. We especially loved his french toast and german pancakes. The best part of the whole experience was the wonderful advice he gave about the best hikes and things to do in the area. Because of his suggestions, we feel like we got to experience the best Estes Park has to offer, which is quite spectacular! We only got to see his wife for one of the days we were there, but like Eric, she was also very kind, thoughtful and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it!

2  Thank SteveAndJennifer
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was our second visit to Gilded Pine Meadows - both times it was to celebrate our anniversary. It is a great location in a quite neighborhood of Estes Park. It is close to town, but away from all the tourists. Eric was a great host. The room was always clean and very comfortable. Excellent breakfast. Eric even made a special "sack breakfast" for us on a day we left early for hiking - nice personal touch. If we need a place to stay in Estes Park this is our first choice.