“Don't understand good reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Valhalla Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Valhalla Resort
“Don't understand good reviews”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I waited a while to write this review because I seem to be the only one who thinks this place is sub par. First off, their website boasts mini golf-let me tell you, the mini golf is nothing more than a piece of fake grass with a few bricks on it-very small. And the pool, maybe six adults could fit in it. Very small. The basketball hoop was broke, the cement that it sits on was broken up and dangerous to run on. The photos on the website are VERY deceiving! It shows a beautiful picture of green lush grass and beautiful landscaping-not true. In some parts of the resort, the weeds and grass were up to our knees. The driveways throughout the resorts are full of ruts and potholes-we fell in a pothole turning a corner and broke a piece off of our vehicle. There are sticks and limbs that have fallen down that no one bothers to pick up. Weeds growing up in all of the landscaping. And the hot tub that came with our cabin-what a joke! It was a round rubber kiddie pool type thing that could hold two adults at best. And it was filthy. I read the reviews over and over before spending $1000 to stay here for four nights. I just do not see what the others are seeing. We could have stayed in a luxury hotel for those prices. My three teenagers were bored out of their minds here and were very disappointed since the website showed so many fun activities that really didn't exist. Also, our cabin was so hot with no central air. I don't know if that is normal in CO to not have air, but it was miserable trying to sleep at night. I would not recommend this resort to anyone with kids. It was our worst vacation we have ever taken due to the disappointment over this resort. We even left a day early and wasted a paid night because we were so bored. Needs major updating and a realistic photo on their website.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ValhallaResort, Owner at Valhalla Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We're so sorry to hear you didn't have a good time at Valhalla. Our additional facilities are designed to enhance our guests' experience, but are not a replacement for the mountain adventures which abound. Many guests enjoy the hike directly into Rocky Mtn Natl Park. We do water and mow the common grass areas, but other parts of the grounds are left natural as are most properties in this mountain setting. We also check and clean the hot tubs daily. The basketball goal was damaged by a guest, and a replacement took a week to arrive. As new owners, we definitely appreciate feedback and suggestions and have plans for continued improvements to our property, including enhancing the mini golf course this fall!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My new bride and I stayed at Valhalla 17 years ago for our honeymoon. This month we came back with our six children.

We loved our time at Valhalla. The cabin (17A) was amazing. It was modern, clean, and well maintained. We had asked for a pack and play to be there and it was! The children loved the playground and the game room and I loved how close the resort is to the RMNP.

I think the best part of Valhalla was the staff. I really enjoyed talking to Jim (the owner) and his family. This is family run business with Jim, his wife and their three adult children all taking a part in managing the property. They have owned for about 6-7 months so if you see a problem bring it to their attention as the are slowly making improvements.

When visiting or calling Valhalla ask about their "choose a night, change a life" program. With this program a portion of every nights stay is given back to someone who has a housing need.

All in all, this was a great experience and would do it all over again without question!

Room Tip: 17A had a washer and dryer.
Manning, Iowa
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family recently booked a 4 night stay at Valhalla resort. Our boys are ages 11, 8, and 1. I try to be a good housekeeper and really look forward to not cleaning on vacation. Upon entering the cabin there was food on the counter and floor, dust I could write my name in, and although the carpets appeared to have been vacuumed we found several small objects on the floor- a match, a dead bug, and something that we couldn't identify, plus a few other things. Our youngest is at an age where he touches everything and puts his hands to his mouth, I cringed. I did speak with Julie at the front desk and she offered to have a crew come do a "deep cleaning"- after talking it over as a family we decided to look for other lodging and were lucky enough to find a very nice place down the road. I wont lie- I was frustrated, I asked that although I understood that I could not get our full deposit back I would like half of it reimbursed as that the cabin was not clean and ready for us to be in, I was told no. These cabins are older, little more run down, the area is more "rustic" around them- so if you are truly looking for a clean, well kept area both in and out for a family vacation spot, this is NOT it!!!!

Room Tip: I do not have a tip as all cabins appeared to be old and run down a bit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ValhallaResort, Owner at Valhalla Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We're so sorry you didn't find the cabin and property to be clean and inviting when you arrived. We pride ourselves on keeping our cabins very clean and well kept. Our first reaction upon hearing your concern was to offer to send someone over immediately to re-clean the cabin and make it right. Cleanliness is our top priority, and we strive to have each cabin spotless upon arrival. If something was missed, we definitely want to make it right. Since this family felt more comfortable looking for another place to stay, we were not able to give a full refund for the last minute cancellation, however we did refund half of the total reservation in an effort to make amends. Our goal is for every guest to have a wonderful stay and we do hope you still had a lovely vacation and will return to Estes Park in the future.
Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying in Estes Park, but our 1st at Valhalla Resorts. Valhalla was our favorite lodging facility in Estes Park! We stayed in Cabin #1. It is a clean and cozy cabin. The kitchen and bathroom were spacious. The propane grill on the deck was very convenient. The view from our deck was picture perfect! The only downside to this cabin is the lack of outlets. The owners were very accommodating. We are eager to stay again in the future!

Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in cabin #19 and #27, they were both very nice. Cabin #19 was right by the pool, volleyball, and activity/game room. It also had a beautiful porch swing and relaxing Jacuzzi tub. Cabin #27 was secluded and was HUGE!!!! It had the most adorable fireplace. Everything was there you could need. While on cabin #27 we even had the pleasure of being visited by some deer. It was a great experience we were close to pretty everything. I would definitely recommend as well as stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Barbara H
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a great time at Valhalla. We stayed in cabin #18. The pictures online don't do it justice. It has its own private driveway off the main road. The cabin was very clean and well stocked. We didn't swim in the pool or hot tub but they both looked very relaxing. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TJW3935
Burlington, IA
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 3 bedroom cabin. It was very clean. I was surprised at how clean the 2 bathrooms were. The living room was spacious and the deck was lovely with a grill and picnic table. We grilled and ate outside most every night. Valhalla Resort is a little way out of town but not too far. We did not have to deal with noise or traffic. The only complaint I would have is that the bedrooms are small. Mine had a double bed, dresser and a box like closet that left a very narrow walk way around the bed. We lived with it though as we all had our own room and could go there for privacy.

• Stayed June 2013