“Cosy and suitable - great view”
Review of Skyline Cottages

and 1 more site!
Skyline Cottages
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy and suitable - great view”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

was dubious after reading reviews on this site, but everywhere else was booked so decided to give it a go. was pleasantly surprised! great view of the diamond of longs peak out the window, quite, by the stream... room was nice (not modern, but clean, well equipped and comfortable).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily Kalah G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This has got to be one of the worst places in Eates Park! Takey advise and stay somewhere else!! The cabins are in dire need of fixing, there are no batteries in the smoke detectors and the water in the kitchen sink runs from both directions so you don't know which way shuts the faucet off!! The window in the bedroom has broken screen that isn't even placed in the window and when you try to put it in the window yourself it falls out because the screen ia busted. Oh my, please don't rent this rip off cabin. My dog sleeps in better at night than these cabins are kept!!! For the price though you get to do your own dishes, pick up your own trash and get your own paper thin cheaper than wal-mart towels - LOL just do as I say and not as I did, Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Glaber

Travelers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Skyline because it was the only lodging with vacancies close to where our family was staying at the YMCA camp. It was a very convenient location. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the condition--for half the price.

We stayed in cabin #1, right next to the highway. It was very old in every way, threadbare! It had a kitchenette, with the tiniest frig I've ever seen. We couldn't have fit a "to-go" box in there. Thankfully we had our cooler for such conveniences. There was a little stove and sink area crammed together, so you could cook, also a toaster and full size coffee maker. Everything was wired up crazy, and it was funky as can be. The towels and linen were barely hanging in there, and the carpet was ancient and dirty from age.

The owner said the mattress was a Serta Perfect Sleeper. I guess it was---circa 1985.

There was free "wi-fi"—but it was snail slow. There was a TV (color!) that looked to be 30 years old. The remote didn't work for the set, but did operate the fancy 4-head VHS player.

It was a great location for visiting the park and the Y camp, quiet at night, had flower pots with marigold on the front of the unit, and parking right by the front door. There is outdoor seating by the river on chairs that looked like they might break if you sat on them. The river was very pretty.

The capper for us was that you had to clean the kitchen, do the dishes, take out your own garbage and dirty linens on top of the overpriced nightly fee.

We are pretty basic people, luxury isn't the top of our list by a long shot. But a decent deal is appreciated. This felt like a rip-off.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeakTraveler
Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 17, 2010

The owner Sue was very pleasant and as we stayed in the North cabin on the hill , 1/4 mile away ,she actually led us up there and took us around the cabin. At first glance we weren't totally repulsed and the deck looked perfect for bird watching and safe for our little dogs to play. We saw right away that everything was outdated but we kinda expected it after reading other reviews. We spent two nights there and I dont think I ever felt 100% safe. The cabin (house) next to our cabin had junk piled on the porch and so many delapidated cars around it it looked like a used car lot. We never left anything of value in the cabin when we went to RMNP even with the door locked. Real cons were shower didnt work , and spiders all over. OMG: There was one in the sink one morning that was huge... I sprayed half my perfume bottle at it and it still lived.. Also mattress killed our backs.. Pros : Relaxing deck and pretty Mountain views, access to RMNP, and the ability to have our dogs with us. Also owner was quite nice..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monkster27
CO
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Skyline is a quaint, very well-maintained, immaculate set of cottages along the river in Estes Park, CO. The cottages are pricture-perfect. Excellent mattresses for those with bad backs. Clean site so that our young child could play safely. Would recommend Skyline Cottages, their Owner and staff to anyone. Book in advance as they fill up and are not open year round.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank EstesCo
Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My daughter and I had a great time, just like staying in a cabin anywhere. Nothing fancy, but nice beds, great views and comfortable surroundings. We found the cabin and the outdoor area clean and well kept. I would recommend the cabins, if you don't need a five star. It is a great place to hang your hat at night.

• Stayed September 2009
Oklahoma
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I read the reviews after I booked the cabin and was a little nervous. I was very pleasantly surprised and wondered where the other people were staying that hated it so much. We stayed in Cabin #2. It was very clean. The bathroom was huge and clean. The spa was in a seperate area off the bathroom also very clean. Sue, the manager was very welcoming and could not have been a better host.

The grounds were very clean with lots of flowers everywhere and the views were spectacular. I was able to look at #5 while I was there, it was also very clean and nice with a beautiful balcony.

The only thing I can figure out about the other reviews is that some people are not ever going to be happy with anything. This is a cabin, it is not a luxery hotel. It was a wonderful vacation and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple