“Great Trip!!”

Skyline Cottages
Seattle, Washington
“Great Trip!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I came here with my fiance and we had a great time. We live in a big city so it was nice to get away from all that and just enjoy some nature. The cabins are older but are still very nice. The service was great. Sue helped us with any thing that we needed. We had no problems there. I would recommend skyline to anyone!! Loved my stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Originally being from the NW, I found this place to be very comfortable. The view is amazing, the cottages are clean, and the management was very punctual with their help. There is a stream that runs on the edge of the property that you can fish from too! I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience what a beautiful area like Estes Park has to offer, while having a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family and I have been staying at Skyline Cottages every year for the last 4 years for 7 to 10
days every year. All of the cabins are old rustic cabins, extremely clean and well maintained. They
are located by the river and have a gorgeous river walk and and a fantastic view of the mountains.
The management ALWAYS took care of any and all requests I ever had. I have read some of the
other reviews on this site and have a VERY, VERY hard time believing the ones that gave a bad review, especially the person who said they would not get a receipt. I have ALWAYS gotten a receipt from the management without asking. All of the cabins have all of the comforts of home and the
management always treated us as if we were family. Like I said above these are rustic cabins, we
are not talking about the Hilton, If that is what you are looking for and stay at Skyline then don't
complain about it, go stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry C
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not a nice place. The facility is desperately in need of repair and updating. Electrical and plumbing is so bad that I don't think it's safe. Our shower flooded when my wife took a shower. I told the lady who operates it and she got mad at us because she needed to go somewhere and didn't have Tim for it. I would never recommend this place. There are much better places in Estes Park.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank William H
sue l, Owner at Skyline Cottages, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I am the owner/manager of Skyline Cottages and as I was leaving the property to go to Mass the customer came to the office and stated that the shower would not drain properly. To immediately solve the problem I upgraded him to cottage #3, The Southwest Spa which was three times as large and twice as expensive as the one he was in so that they could continue there stay with little and/or no interruption. They moved into said cottage, used the shower, cooked breakfast and were in it for 5 hours. At approximately 2:00 pm he came to the office and said they were leaving and wanted a refund. I stated that there would not be a refund as check out time was 10:00 am. He left the property around 3:00 pm and then canceled his credit card charge. The credit card company backed me up and said the charges were valid. He then proceeded to trash Skyline Cottages through Trip Advisor for revenge.

Sue Lamb, Owner/Manager

Travelers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Arvada, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband, two teenaged sons, and two dogs stayed in Cabin 3 (Southwest Spa) for 9 days and it was wonderful! The place is clean, comfortable and quiet, and had everything we needed. If you're looking for the newest technology, this isn't the place for you (plenty of TV's, but not the new models), but if you want a quiet and clean place to stay, this is an excellent choice. The owner, Sue, was wonderful - everything we needed was available, and she has so much character, too! We plan on staying here anytime we come again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bisbee, AZ
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been staying a week to 10 days at Skyline Cottages almost every summer since 1971. The cabins and cottages, are clean, comfortable, equipped for cooking and pet friendly. The location on the Big Thompson River is excellent and there is a family-sized deck overlooking the river and an opportunity to fish. Sue owns the place and is affable, helpful in every way and tries hard to provide all needs. Don't expect 5 star accommodations. Go there expecting down-home comfort just 5 minutes from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.

Room Tip: Make certain Sue knows what you're looking for when you book.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill H
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have been going to Skyline Cottages for years and have enjoyed it as a family-friendly, homely set of cottages at a terrific location. Click around on the website to view what the rooms each look like (obviously the spa-marked rooms are a little nicer), but don't expect 5-star class, expect 5-star comfort. This is an old-fashioned and relaxing getaway location, that attracts lovely guests each season. Enjoy Colorado!

Room Tip: Check out the website to view pictures of each room. Don't be discouraged by these petty reviews...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family