“Great Place, Great Location, Great Staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dripping Springs Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This resort was great for the money! We stayed in the large cabin (all six of us), and we were all comfortable! The location is a great drive up through the mountains and is directly infront of the Thomson River. It was romantic and just rustic enough. The staff was VERY generous!! They had free gift packs at the desk at check-in, they provided free-firewood, and when our hot tub broke on the last night we were there they refunded us $100! The cabin had ALL the conveniences of home! A coffee maker, blender, toaster, pots and pans, coffee cups and plates, even coffee and coffee filters! They thought of everything when they stocked our cabin! We could have come with just the clothes on our backs and would have been comfortable! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 22, 2007

My Fiance and I had a wonderful 3 days at our very private cabin by the river, it was everything we thought it would be and more! When we arrived, Amy checked us in and gave us a tour of our cabin and the cabin's riverside area which included a swing, picinic table and firepit. The property was beautiful, minus the few "antique" things in the yard, but these are things they enjoy and have decided to keep around. We enjoyed the Hot Tub on our back deck while listening to the sound of the river behind us, not to mention when we went to bed we slept like babies due to the soothing sounds of the river. We were so relaxed here and couldn't have asked for much more, Amy was very friendly and offered her help on things to do or where to eat, she made us feel at home! I would definately like to go back and stay a few more days, but that won't be until next year!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Dripping Springs Resort for our honeymoon. Our honeymoon was planned entirely by my husband and was his surprise to me. He had done all the research, spoke to the innkeepers Bart & Amy as well as talking to many local Colorado people for advice. My husband found that their website and particularly the reservation system was one of the easiest he has ever used. This is coming from a “techie” of 20 years. When he made email or phone inquiries Bart & Amy responded almost immediately to his questions. One of the comments my husband made on our final morning at this resort, was that it had exceeded his expectations. I, on the other hand had no expectations because I had no idea where he was taking me on our honeymoon. I could not have asked or imagined anything better or more wonderful than this hidden gem just outside of Estes Park. From the moment you drive up you can easily feel that this was not the run of the mill B&B. We were greeted by Amy's smile and great laugh. She welcomed us and gave us the grand tour of the property. The property is located right on the Big Thompson River and surrounded by nature. Our room the "Teal Drake" was decorated with all of those special touches that not everyone thinks of. Our back door opened to a very large private (and I do mean private) patio with our own hot tub. Every night we enjoyed the hot tub and listened to the river flowing just yards away from us. We didn't get to meet Amy's husband Bart until the next morning. Let me tell you this, these two make a breakfast like you dream of. They served a huge, hearty, HOMECOOKED, breakfast on a huge table in the main dining room. This dining room would make you think of your Grandmother's. Not only did they cook and serve the breakfast "family-style", but they joined us as well. Our talks over breakfast were true highlights. After eating our fill we were not hungry again until dinner. My husband and I had never been to this part of Colorado, so Amy & Bart were extremely helpful in giving us suggested outings, which we thankfully took. Even when we needed ideas for dinner they had wonderful recommendations there as well. In the evening we enjoyed building a fire outside and lying in the hammock by the river. We were less than 2 hours outside of Denver, but it felt like a millions miles away. We will be regular guests at the Dripping Springs Resort and will gladly recommend this B&B to our friends and family. P.S. Bart makes a “mean” fruit salad each morning.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MileHiGirl
Reviewed June 25, 2007

My husband and have been married for two years and we decided to go back to Estes Park. Well we stayed at the Dripping Springs and Im in agreement with the person who said that the place is a DUMP! They had a rusty bed frame and old rusty oven sitting out in the yard and I was scared to death that my daughter was going to hurt herself on it. When you went into the house it smelled like mold! The carpet was stained and the bed covers looked like they hadnt been washed in months. For curtains they had wheat sacks and they looked like they hadnt been washed in months. I have allergies and could not stay in this cabin. I had to use the bathroom and it had a sign that said that there septic tank was very sensitive and from what I understood of the sign they wanted you to not flush your toilet paper and just throw it in the trash. HOW DISGUSTING IS THIS!!! Well we decided to get the hell out of this place. So here we were driving around looking for lodging my two year old daughter is screaming her butt off cause she wants out of the car so that she can play and I cant let her out cause we had to find another place to stay at. So we found lodging at the Rodaway Inn and Castle Mountain Lodge. We told them what had happened and they took pitty on us. I would highly recommend these two places! Well when we finally found our lodging we went back to the Dripping Springs they said that they would put us up in there most expensive cabin. Well keep in mind they had a no vacancy sign when we pulled in what were they gonna do kick the other inhabitants out? These people refused to give us back any of our money. So now I have to call my credit card company and try to get them to help me dispute the charged. Cause of the Dripping Springs our vacation was ruined!!! We had limited funds and these people limited them even worse. So not only was I not able to bring souveniers back for some family members I will not be able to take another vacation next year! These people should be ashamed of themselves. The pictures that they show are not of the same cabin that we walked into. In the picture it showed a table in the kitchen and let me tell you there was no table and all you could do was walk in the kitchen. Im a person of tradition. I like my family to eat at the dinner table. Then they also said that the cabin that we would be staying in would have a bath and shower well let me tell you they did not have a bath. All they had was a shower that was made of old metal. Maybe these people should fix there cabins up and take better pride in them like they do there house that they live in. Its like they just take money cause they know that you will want to run the other way but they dont care as long as they are getting what they want to support there way and standards of life. Oh and they said that the cabin was secluded....there idea of secluded is a cabin six feet away from you. Im mean come on hello???? So after being in the Pine Cabin for thirty minutes and smelling mold I had one hell of a headache and I got jipped out of 581.00 for just a three night stay. My husband and I were so upset about these people that we cut the rest of our vacation short and packed it up and went home. I would not recommend this Inn!!! They are nothing but Liars and they falsly advertise!!! Stay at the Inns that are either in town or that are on Fall River RD. These places are in the middle of price but treat you like you are ROYALTY!!!!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Kiowa1980
DrippingSprings, manager at Dripping Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2007

Running a resort such as ours we have many different cabins to meet many different tastes. Our Pinewood is advertised as a "rustic mountain cabin". As someone who deals in guest services every single day, its crucial to not mislead guests or misrepresent ourselves in any way, in person, on the phone, or over the internet. This cabin is advertised as a rustic cabin, one that is clean and comfortable, but rustic nonetheless. It is accurately depicted on our website. While we do have a septic system and signs asking guests to not flush trash and other inappropriate items, we feel that in the toilet is really the best place for toilet paper. I personally have traveled extensively and often see signs alerting users to dispose of items properly.
We try to have something for all tastes, and our Pinewood Cabin is great for those looking for a "rustic mountain cabin" and its described in detail as such on our website. We really enjoy having antiques around the outside(and inside!) of our cabins. Some of the items we place around our property are eclectic to be sure, they are also wonderful antiques reminiscent of a time gone by, and are tastefully decorative.
As with all guests, we appreciate feedback and feel that any problem is only an opportunity to provide service. In this situation Dripping Springs was not given the opportunity to provide that service because the guests had already established other lodging. Offers of moving to another much more "modern feel" and larger cabin , plus offers of a gift certificate for a future stay were unfortunately refused.
Our policies are clearly posted on our website and all reservation emails. With the advent of online reservations it can be difficult for any consumer to pick through all the information available to them, no matter how plainly stated. Its important for business owners and consumers alike to ask any questions they are unsure of. We strive to treat each and every reservation and guest with respect and the understanding that these are not guests only now, but in the future as well.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide another point of view, all points of view are appreciated and can only make each of us better.

Amy Flaherty
Manager/Future Owner(hopefully!) of Dripping Springs Resort, Estes Park, CO.

Reviewed August 18, 2006

I was looking for a cabin on the Big Thompson river with lots of nature space and wildlife viewing. All of the cabins have retained their original feel and character and come in all sizes. I chose a small one bedroom with a lovely patio/deck and a wonderful lodgepole bed covered with down comforters, lots of pillows and good mattress. This was our first "getaway" with my special man and very first boyfriend, and I wanted it to be perfect. After growing up together, going our separate ways, we met up again at a mutual friend's 50th high school reunion the end of May, so I wanted this time to get reacquainted to be special and romantic and very relaxing. And that it was: un updated kitchen, stove and microwave, satelitte TV, a big pot-bellied stove that we kept feeding to keep warm. We were there the first week of July this year for three blissful days and nights. We had a hot tub and grill on our deck and lots of privacy. We were thrilled to have nearly three days of gentle rainfall, perfect sleeping weather with the rain dripping on our old tin roof. And the Big Thompson river as a back drop, just a few yards from our cabin. We were visited by beautiful blue jays, a gray squirrel, a tiny bunny, and nearly a brown bear who chose our neighbor's trash can to investigate! We also had a woodpecker doing his thing on our bathroom wall - and best of all, no phones and no traffic noise. Massages were available, but we felt too relaxed to partake. There is a lovely little walking path right along the river and many large outdoor grilling pits, comfy hammocks, picnic tables - very convenient. We had a glorious 3 days and can't wait to return, maybe this fall as there are many stands of aspen in that area. I recommend this fantastic environment/escape resort to all; kids would enjoy as would fly fisherman. Janie and Oliver were so accommodating and nice and went out of their way to take care of our every need. So call them up and go soon!

3  Thank TravelinCowgirl
Reviewed July 18, 2006

Here is the deal. Nice place and great fishing. The problem for parents with children is that they are alternative lifestyle friendly. I have no problem with this, but do not want to expose my kids to this. check this out carefully.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank fisherlife
DrippingSprings, Owner/Innkeeper at Dripping Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2007

I would like to say to families with children that Dripping Springs Resort is family owned and run and we strive to make every guest have an enjoyable and fun experience when staying with us. We do not allow parties or any type of behavior on our property that would have a negative effect on the quality of your stay. The fact that we occasionally have alternative lifestyle couples stay with us in no way makes our resort unfit for children. The cabins where families stay are separate from the B&B where we only have adult guests stay, most of whom are regular couples on a romantic retreat. We have no prejudices towarads any lifestyle or any ethnic group. As a hotel owner it would be illegal as well as bad business to try to exclude someone on this basis. We understand the concerns of this customer. However, in life there are many diferent people with various lifestyle choices. Once your mind has been expanded it can not go back to its original size. Janie Robertson owner/innkeeper

A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 4, 2006

We've had the pleasure of staying at Dripping Springs,both one of the cottages and the B&B. The scenery is abundant, the foliage and babbling brook are awesome. What better place,Dripping Springs Inn and Cabins, to look out a window and see elk grazing just outside the door. The Rocky Mountain National Park entrance is a 5 minute drive away. We are planning our return to Estes Park Colorado and Dripping Springs Inn for 2 weeks in July, and so look forward to that.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member