“Rejuvenation by the River”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dripping Springs Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The wife and I spent our 10th anniversary (May 2) at Dripping Springs. Glad we picked this cool, funky, quirky B&B because it reminded us of where we got married. Ordered a special anniversary package (champagne, flowers, etc.) and it was in the room when we arrived. They'd just opened for the season, but have nothing but great things to say about the place, as well as Jayne and the rest of the staff (John, David, etc.)! All very helpful and super friendly as we got to know them while sitting around eating breakfast (home cooked and indeed legendary!) each morning. As other reviews mentioned, cell service is non-existent in the rooms, but the WiFi works if you're close to the main office. But really... are you there for that? Our room (Canopy Cottage) was situated so that the view of the river off the back deck as you're sitting in your own private hot tub was fantastic. A very short hop into Estes Park, which is full of things to do. If you expect and are accustomed to staying in places like the Marriott or Sheraton, this probably isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a very unique getaway experience... Dripping Springs Resort is your huckleberry. We'll be back FOR SURE!

Room Tip: Canopy Cottage has a great view of the river and a private hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2014

my Husband and i got married on april 27 went up on the 28th stayed 2 nights it was sooooo quiet and peaceful we have att we didnt have service which was nice no phone call on our honeymoon bt there was wifi if we wanted to watch netflix at night... and when we went up the road into este we had service there if we need it to check on things.... the breakfast was soooo yummy! there pups were soooo cute the place was clean and quiet helped us with any question and had the staff was friendly and felt like family we will definitely going back!!!!!!!

Room Tip: definitely pick a room with a full river view
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was our first trip to Colorado and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! After extensive online research, we chose Dripping Springs for the privacy of the Alamo cabin and its location (minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park) and amenities (right next to the river with our own fire pit, hot tub, patio overlooking the river, kitchen, bedroom, and living room). Jayne, Oliver, and John were very friendly and hospitable. Jayne invited us to breakfast our first morning and it was superb! We are already looking forward to our next trip to Dripping Springs!

Heather & Dan
(Pennsylvania)

1  Thank Heather K
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My fiance and I visited Dripping Springs Resort right after we got engaged and it was amazing. The hospitality was amazing, the food was awesome, and the views were wonderful! We are going back soon!!

Room Tip: No swimming pool/fitness center but hiking available and a river to listen to
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place was a lucky find! The rooms are unique and some have canopy beds! You are right next to a little river and across the street from a trail that will take you up a small mountain with a rocky top and great view. The owners are kind and very easy to talk to and get along with. I especially loved all the antiques that were collected and hand selected for every nook of the property. There are many communal areas to sit outside and tons of string lights! We had a very private balcony and hot tub. The stars were bright and at night you hear the water running. Breakfast was filling and there were some sweet house doggies to relieve some of my missing my own dogs (I'm also a dog groomer so i missed being around dogs.) Nothing wrong with this place! Only positive things :)! My boyfriend and I were so happy here!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kristi_Graves
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, the first weekend it opened this season. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful and accommodating. Her cooking was excellent and she treated us guests to a wonderful Easter breakfast spread that included mimosas! My husband loved the fishing, right behind the cabin!
We chose this online and were really not impressed with the room itself. It did not really look as nice as in the photos. It is really a run down place. We stayed in the Aspen cabin. It but it was very tired and grungy. The walls and ceilings were yellowed and stained. The bed was comfortable.The towels were disgusting... raggy, thin from use, grayed and have seen better days. There were robes in the closet that we wouldn't dare consider putting on.(Anyway our room doesn't come with a hot tub). The soap and shampoo that was provided was in pump bottles used by other guests so bring your own if that bothers you. The bathroom was clean but tiny. The shower was also cramped and the shower curtain liner should have been new since this is a new season but was old. Grungy along the bottom.There was generic instant coffee and cremora provided in the rooms with an electric pot. The sheets were clean but the spread, blankets and pillow shams smelled old, like the cabin.The carpeting was filthy and the one chair in the room was really stained and not comfortable at all to sit in and read. I think the cushion was worn out or broken. I realize most people like to be outdoors but while my husband was fishing I wanted to relax in the room. It was cool outside and no place really clean to sit. The cushions outside were gross--The wifi came in and out and was not reliable at all unless we went outside the room to use it. It worked in the main house but not our cabin. This seemed one or two steps up from camping for me.

1  Thank Slpma
tejanajuana, Owner at Dripping Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

We were evacuated on Sept 13 after the terrible flood that inundated all of northern Colorado, and arrived back at Dripping Springs early April to open for our season. All of us here in the Estes Valley are struggling to clean up a gigantic mess left by the floods, those of us who still have our property that is.
We expected to hear from some guests about the mess that the flood left and we are all concerned with the way our area looks now.
I did not expect such a strongly worded review from such nice people.
I can only say that our humble resort probably was not what this lady was used to. Seeing the other reviews, I think most people do like what we offer here.
I tell all our guests if there is something they don't like please tell us, so we can fix it. I was shocked at her long list of dislikes. But please let me say, the walls and ceilings are not dirty and stained, and the carpet is not filthy, our towels are not rags, and yes the soap and shampoo are in pump bottles, like the hand soap. Ok, not sure why this is a problem.
I will go back thru her room and see what needs to be done. I will look at it with fresh eyes. We try so hard to make a comfortable and beautiful place for our guests to stay, and work at it every single day. But not everyone appreciates simplicity and older properties. I sincerely apologize to this lady for her inconveniences, and can do nothing but move forward and try to make each and every guest as happy as we can here in our little piece of paradise. We will continue to serve our guests and make them happy.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and 1 year old stayed in the Pinewood cabin in early August for a few nights. It was spectacular. Here's a quick list of things we loved:

* Listening to the river at night
* Grilling on the amazing deck
* Sitting in the hot tub after our baby went to bed
* Catching a few trout within sight of the cabin
* Watching an Elk walk within 3 feet of the deck
* Friendly owners that clearly took pride in their wonderful place
* Estes and the rockies! We had some amazing hikes.

I could probably go on, but hopefully this gives you a bit of encouragement to stay at this awesome spot. Definitely recommended!!

Room Tip: I loved the Pinewood, but I'm sure each cabin offers its own charm.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family