WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Fairfax, Virginia
“Convenient and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I had a two day weekend in Estes Park, and decided to try the Maxwell Inn, based on reviews. We were not disappointed. They have a convenient location on the Falls Road side of town near RMNP. Rural, not town, feel, but only a short walk into town if desired. Good views, and a great pizza/sandwich restaurant across the street. Clean, comfortable, and welcoming, small motel. Good basic breakfast. Less expensive than the big national brand hotels. We will definitely stay there again on a future trip to Estes Park.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our Inn. Quiet, cozy, peaceful in a busy setting are all words and ways to describe our place. The custom touches and constant improvements really make ours a simple, nice place to stay while visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. We're glad you enjoyed the short walk to town and cozy room. Come back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was so pleasant! We were on the second floor on the back side away from the main highway. It was very quiet there. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. The young couple running the inn were so pleasant and cordial. Made us feel right at home.
The other great thing is that you can take a concrete walking path to town and be there in 8-10 minutes. It's a beautiful walk. We stayed in town too late one day, yet walked back in the dark with only iPhone flashlight.
We didn't eat breakfast here as we wanted to try some of the popular restaurants. So I can't comment on that.
In summary a great little place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback on our Inn! As you know, those rooms across the back are double queen rooms, and are usually used for small families - or folks who really like quiet and a bit of extra space. Our breakfast is simple - and I'm happy to hear that you liked the local cuisine as you ventured out. We are happy to play an important part in your vacation and look forward to hosting you two again!
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

When researching hotels in Estes Park, we were originally leaning toward staying at the Stanley just because of its history and reputation. After reading some bad reviews about it on trip advisor, we decided to stay at the Maxwell Inn since it was rated #1 and because of the low prices. When we arrived at Denver airport, I called the Maxwell to see if we could check in early. They were very accommodating and had our room ready 2 hours earlier than the check-in time. The room was on the small side, but still big enough for our needs. The bathroom was quite small, but hey, it's a hotel room, not a house. Everything was very clean-no grime or cobwebs or gross stuff. I'm a microbiologist by profession so I tend to be very picky about cleanliness and the shower, toilet, and bed all looked very clean and I felt comfortable during our stay.
The owners were very knowledgeable of the area and recommended things to do and restaurants. On the day we left, they even gave us ideas for things to do in Denver while we waited for our late flight home.

Also, I thought the Maxwell was in a great location. It was a 5-10 minute walk to the shopping area and many of the restaurants. The walk to that area puts you right at the start of the shops (versus starting out in the middle) so you could walk all the way down one side of the street and come back up the other side and right back to the hotel.

Stay at the Maxwell and you'll be happy with your choice. The only thing I would have liked is that if they had been selling rooms through Orbitz because I had a coupon for 15% off a hotel room with them.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank whitespyder0
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Maxwell Inn! It's always great to help be part of a guests vacation - and you two really made the most of your time here. We enjoyed offering advice, and are happy that you enjoyed your time and the things that we recommended! We take service and cleanliness very seriously - and appreciate that you found both to be up to your expectations! Thank you again, and the next time you want to get out of the Texas heat, you know where to stay!
Brighton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lately I have been using trip advisor to plan our trips, and when I was looking at an overnight in Estes, I found the Maxwell inn to be the top rated hotel on trip advisor. taking a chance, I called and to my good fortune found that there was a room available on the night in question. My wife and I played golf at the 9 hole course and then checked in. When we entered the room, my wife had some reservations, but within just a few minutes she was saying how "cute" it was. We got to spend about 45 minutes talking with the owner, very nice people. At one point they offered us an portable airconditioner because it was so hot. We had escaped the upper 90s in the plains for the low 80s up in Estes. We took the airconditioner, but it demonstrates the level of service offered. We took their reccomendations for restaurants and were extremely satisfied. The day we checked out we played the 18 hole course, and returned home. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I think ours was 11, others staying there wanted our room
1 Thank Primercord
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you both for staying with us and taking the time to give your opinion of our Inn. "Cute" is a good word to describe our Inn, the rooms have nice personal touches, great colors, and a very comfy feel - and we really do pride ourselves on service and cleanliness. Golfing has become a pretty nice way to spend a morning/afternoon in Estes, and we're glad you chose us to spend your anniversary with us. It was great visiting with you and we look forward to seeing you two again!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Maxwell for two nights in late August. Our room was not large but had everything we needed. The new flat screen TV was certainly welcome. We liked that the sink area had a quite large counter for us to spread our things on. The bathroom itself was small, with just the toilet and a bath tub/shower and little room to move around. Since we don't move around much on the toilet or in a shower, though, it didn't matter much other than to comment for accuracy. I understand there are plans afoot to enclose the sink area and counter and that will be a further improvement to an already nice place. There was a small refrigerator we were happy to use to temporarily store leftover food from the restaurants we ate in. The bed was just awesomely comfortable and we slept well. The kitchen nook was tiny but has everything you would want, as other raters have amply testified. No waffles or eggs or things like that but all the necessities that are healthy and good for you (except the pastries, there you're on your own). The clock in the room, while not a major item for many people, is one of my pet peeves. I hate dark numbers on a dark background that you can't read at night. This one had the bright red numbers--easy to see and the only display hotels should have. Also many hotels have such fancy clocks you need a college degree to understand them--and even then it can take you twenty minutes to figure out how to set an alarm. This clock, though, was simple and instinctive. I've spent more time writing about it than it takes to operate it. So once again, a small item taken care of by someone who clearly has a brain! My wife walked to the many quaint tourist shops in just a ten minute walk along the river. I played golf with a friend on checkout day and wanted to let my wife stay in the room past checkout time if possible. Of course the answer was yes. Dana told me she'd get to that room last so my wife could have maximum time in the room. Now that's good service, so thank you!

1 Thank ArtColorado
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Art - It was a pleasure visiting with you and your wife - and thank you for offering a pretty detailed account of your experience at our Inn. I enjoyed your comment about moving around in the bathroom - and I won't deny that our bathrooms aren't roomy! Our rooms may not be ideal for someone who wants to spend the majority of their vacation inside - but for those that get out, they offer an exceptional resting place and more than once I've been told it reminds folks of a warm, personal bedroom more than a hotel room. Although we didn't build the place, meaning a lot of the dimensions have been set for us, we really have done -and are doing- all we can to make this an ideal resting spot. Updated vanities and replacing the decking are offseason plans this winter. Thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback on our Inn, come back soon!
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this small and very clean family owned establishment. Great location and easy to get to downtown shops and RMNP. Interior lighting could have been better but otherwise a quaint and very comfortable inn.

• Stayed August 2013
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Jennifer - Thanks for staying with us this past week! Quaint is a good word to describe our Inn - and we really do try to make your time with us carefree and comfortable. I'm glad you enjoyed your time, and thanks for the insight on the lighting. We've added lamps to a bunch of our rooms, but hadn't reviewed yours yet. It's on the list now! Thank you again. See you soon!
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

First of all, I have never written a tripadvisor review before, but I was compelled to brag about this locally owned establishment. We arrived home yesterday after four nights at the Maxwell Inn. The rooms are beautifully decorated, comfortable, and sparkling clean. My daughter slept on the most luxurious "roll away" bed we've ever seen--an actual plush twin mattress. AWESOME! We were able to sit at a comfortable table each morning and enjoy good coffee, yogurt, fresh fruit, and cereal, the perfect way to start our hiking day. The owners had lots of advice on Rocky Mountain National Park hikes for us, and they were eager to share. They also recommended a great barbecue restaurant, Smokin' Dave's, which turned out to be the best meal of our trip. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay with the best customer service you have ever experienced, choose to stay at the Maxwell Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy B
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Judy & Family - Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback on our Inn! I think you've captured most of the points why we think our Inn is special in a town with a lot of options. I think the only let down of your trip was that you didn't see a bear... (although one pushed over our dumpster the day after you left!) but there's always next year! It's great to hear your vacation was a success, it was a pleasure visiting with you all, and we look forward to seeing and hosting your family again in the future!