“Nice place bad management!”
Review of Solitude Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Solitude Cabins
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Excellent kept cabins in a nice environment. My family has stayed here two times and both with excellent cabins. On one occasion my youngest son damaged part of the cabin in which they were more then reasonable for the repair costs. My issue is the Lady property manager and how she is sarcastic and belittling to someone over the phone. When she called on my sons damaged she asked my wife "Could you enlighten me on how the damage occurred." Not acceptable customer service! I called today to see if she had a cabin available that was open and if she could discount it further. When I asked if she could work with me on the price she stated "Thanks but I'll run my business." Issue was not the $ but how she responded. I will never say here again not due to the property, but the property management. They man that did the repair was very friendly. Two instances of bad service both from the same person!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Chaneyjd
krugboy, Manager at Solitude Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2011

Folks, It is unfortunate that you feel the way you do. As you know we are a beautiful property that prides itself in cleanliness, peace and quiet and yes...service. Unfortunately, it is difficult for guests to understand when they wish to tell us the rates that they would like to pay vs. the rates that we are currently offering. Because we are not in a position to negotiate our rates, we have to stand firm when we are confident that we are offering a very fair and competitive rate. I would hope that you would understand that in management we all have to make decisions that are not always popular and that by no means do we mean to not offer excellent hospitality. We were put in a position of not being able to meet your expectation in an acceptable rate to you and you took offense at the explanation. As you know, from prior times we do work with our guests. It is unfortunate that it is considered "bad managment" because we were not able to accept the rate you wanted to pay.
We greatly appreciate you working with us in the repairs from your last stay. We are glad that of all things you found was that we were fair in our expectation in the repair.
Please feel free to contact us anytime, if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed there four days with my wife and her senior high school students, young ladies from Dallas, TX. This was her school's traditional trip to Estes Park Colorado. It was our second time going to the Solitude cabins with the students. We had a great time and very much enjoyed our time in the cabins. The location is very close to the city center and RMNP. The cabins are very clean, neat, designed to perfection. Every utility you can imagine in the kitchen or the bathroom is readily available and very new. Many evenings kids did not even want to go out but stay at the Cabin and enjoy the evening watching a movie, cooking or chatting. There are rules but all these rules are absolutely reasonable and for the benefit of the all guests. We enjoyed everything about our stay and would choose Solitude Cabins again with absolute delight.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Alp-Dallas
Reviewed November 30, 2010

A fantastic experience for $150 per night. Two full bedrooms and two full baths and kitchen and and and. We were so very pleased. Even the weather was great. Cannot wait to go back in January or February for snowshoeing

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank essence0971
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Engaged at Solitude
My fiancé and I got engaged during our stay at Solitude and we will definitely be back! We spent a wonderful week at Solitude Cabin #5 and had a fantastic time exploring Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding area. Solitude is in the perfect location; it’s not far from the park and just a few minutes from downtown Estes Park but because it is tucked off the main road it is quiet and secluded. Our deck provided great views of the mountains and was a great spot for watching elk and deer coming down into town for the winter.

The cabin itself was beautiful with little touches to make you feel at home, it had a nice selection of local maps and books that helped us plan our days. The bedrooms were rustic but beautiful with natural wood bed frames and dressers. The kitchen had all the amenities necessary for preparing meals which helped us save money by eating in. The fireplace is a great touch; we spent a few nights curled up in front of it watching movies we borrowed from the front desk. The staff at Solitude is very friendly and is happy to give advice on where to eat and what to see and do. They take excellent care of the cabins and their guests.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dab7882
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Solitude cabins are a wonderful place to stay if you are wanting to explore Rocky Mountain National Park while still enjoying luxury comforts.
The cabins are well appointed, with iPod docking station, DVD player, lovely fire, dishwasher and full kitchens etc. The rooms had lots of lovely homely knick-knacks, there was always hot water and we slept really soundly in the comfortable beds.
The only downside was the huge list of rules and regulations at check in and listed in the cabins - down to being charged $25 if you used the "wrong" facecloth! I appreciate they want to keep the white towels nice, but why not just provide darker facecloths rather than leaving "rules" in the bathrooms? If you go on holiday to relax, you don't want to be worrying about things like that.
But that really was the only downside, everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank JaneKirby
Reviewed November 2, 2010

This was our second visit to Solitude Cabins, and we could not have been more pleased. It is the perfect location for visits to Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, and any other attraction you could imagine (great dining, lakes, fishing, etc). The cabins are nicer than most hotels, and the staff really take care of their guests! You simply cannot go wrong with Solitude Cabins!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabitha_M_K
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My dad and I have stayed several times at different cabins in Estes Park, and these cabins are by far the best choice ever. Very tastefully appointed, 2 bdrm 2 bath stand alone units, with beautiful surroundings and amenities. We ate almost every meal in the cabin, we didn't want to leave. It's right by the lake, so the elk are walking through the parking lot constantly. We heard the bugling every night. I didn't want to leave. We ate our meals
and spent evenings on the deck. We enjoyed the free dvd rentals in the evenings and the hot tub. The staff was courteous and found our lost camera and shipped it back to us the next day. My dad is diabetic and they arranged for a delicious apple pie with sugar free ice cream on our arrival. I can't say enough about what a wonderful stay we had at Solitude cabins and I will definitely recommend it to anyone who is going to Estes Park.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family