“Great little spot”

Misty Mountain Lodge
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stopped here for one night on a 10 day trip through CO. Our room was very quaint with nice attention to details in the room to make it seem like a mountain resort. The room we had appeared to be pretty dated but was adequate for our stay. It has a kitchenette which we did not use but would be helpful and functional for making simple meals.

The grounds were well kept and it has a nice view of the surrounding mountains. Walking distance to town. I got the impression by their pictures that the stream ran right next to their property when in fact, it is across the street. Not a big deal, but I had a different impression of the location based on the pictures than what I actually found.

Appears to be a family run business and everyone was very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very clean and our suite had been updated. Had a kitchenette, which was great. The hot tubs were very clean and the grounds are well maintained. We enjoyed the owners and it was very convenient to downtown and many other local destinations. All in all, it was a great trip and we will return.. They have free wi fi internet and televisions, which is nice.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms on the web site.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at Misty Mountain lodge in room #19 and it was perfect for our family. The kids (ages 6 and 3) stayed on the couch and my husband and I in the bedroom. We used the kitchen frequently for breakfast, lunch, snacks; however I would say it isn't set up for making large meals. The kitchen utensils are not vast, and it's a small space. We did grill one night and that worked really well. All in all, being so close to town was a bigger priority than cooking huge gourmet meals. The property has a lot of great outdoor space where the kids played with others. And when we wanted to leave the property, RMNP is only a few miles away and the walk downtown was 5 minutes. Great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have stayed at Misty Mountain Lodge several times and it is our go-to place in Estes Park. It is a close walk to downtown EP - shops, restaurants and the area where they hold all of the fairs are all just an easy walk away.

The cabins and rooms are cozy and decorated in a Colorado mountain style. This is not the Hyatt - so don't expect uniformity and laundry service. It is a place to feel "at home" when you are away from home and the owners do their best to make you feel that way. We were just there over the weekend and they had a fire going in the fire pit on Saturday night and were making s'mores for guests - we had a lovely time chatting with them around the fire. Speaking of fire...several of the rooms/cabins have real, wood-burning fire places! And, there are 2 hot tubs on property, with one up on a slight hill that allows you to see over EP - a beautiful view!

The rates are good when you compare to other places in the area and they have kitchens or kitchenettes in each cabin/room so you could cut costs if you were staying for a while and wanted to cook. They also have several grills around the property for guests to use.

If you're heading to Estes Park any time of year, I highly recommend checking out this hidden gem!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Misty Mountain Lodge is a family owned business which is cool. They have an amazing hot tub and the family that owns it is super nice! They go out of their way to help you. For example, our car broke down in the mountains so the next day, the dad whose the manager lent us two of his bikes and told us everywhere we could go with them thats a reasonable ride. He has delicious smores everynight and one night he even had a brat cookout. Everything about this place is great!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 19, 2012

July 29, 2012: I was traveling solo, trying not to rent a car, seeking a day of "altitude adjustment" & an affordable good night's sleep before a 5 day camping/hiking trip. I only stayed one night, but I wish I could have stayed the whole weekend. It's a little sweet spot! Easy walking distance to a very pedestrian-friendly & picturesque riverwalk with all kinds of shops, boutiques, and many places to eat. It's also easy to get to the trail that goes all the way around Lake Estes (part of my plan to see how much activity I could handle at high altitude.) I really just intended to walk, eat and sleep. But I ended up also browsing boutiques and sitting around the campfire meeting lots of nice people & eating s'mores (prepared by the owner.) As others have confirmed, the owners are friendly, approachable and responsive. My accommodations were clean and my bed was comfortable. This is not a chain hotel and I did not expect it to be. I had a great stay & would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We rolled into Estes Park knowing nothing about where to stay , after asking a couple of locals where a nice, reasonably priced place, within walking distance ! , was , we found the Misty Mountain Lodge ! Within 10 minutes of meeting the owners and checking out the rooms we were sold . Our rooms were clean, both had small kitchens if you wanted to save on eating out and gas grilles for grilling out ! My wife and I and our friends all had a great time in the Rockies and will be sure to stay at the Misty Mountain Lodge when we make it back to Estes Park !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends