“Best restaurant in Estes”

Twin Owls Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Twin Owls Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 131 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 34 Bypass
Description: Twin Owls Steakhouse is located at the Black Canyon Inn and housed in a recently renovated 1920's log cabin. We blend the tradition of family, the celebration of friends and the finest cuisine in Estes Park for a warm and unique experience. We offer many options for your unforgettable event. Private Event Dining available for 20-55 guests or reserve the entire Restaurant for events of 75-185 guests.
Denver, CO
“Best restaurant in Estes”
Reviewed September 8, 2006

I've eaten at Twin Owls Steakhouse many times and always love it. Every time, the thing I have the most trouble with is choosing what to eat off the menu!!!! The menu has so much variety, the staff is so friendly and welcoming, and no matter what I order I'm always happy. Great family atmosphere, and always feel so at home. I would recomment this restaurant with the highest reviews. Enjoy!

6 Thank Nathanya

colorado
“A consistantly great place”
Reviewed September 5, 2006

My family and I have lived in Estes Park for fifteen years and love to eat at Twin Owls. We have never had a bad experience and enjoy the variety of entrees. A few times we have been lucky enough to come on a night where there is live music. We love hearing the young, local pianists play. These young artists play many different songs and I'm always amazed at how talented they are. Even when there isn't live music, my family loves the ambiance of this place. I would recommend Twin Owls to anyone visiting Estes who wants to have a high quality meal in an excellent atmosphere. It's a true Colorado experience.

7 Thank eplocal
Boulder, CO
“One of the best in Estes!”
Reviewed August 30, 2006

The last review is shocking to me. My husband and I live in Boulder, CO about 1 hour from Estes. We like to head up to Estes on the weekends and always stop at Twin Owls Steakhouse. We have always been suprised by how consistent the food and service is. Our favorite is the filet and wapiti (elk chops). The service is great. Very friendly laid back atmosphere. I think it's great that the owner of the resturant allows young musicians to play in front of a crowd. It really shows his support of the community. One of the young girls was playing Chopin. That takes some talent. I always recomend this resturant to anyone that asks of a resturant in Estest. You won't be dissapointed.

8 Thank jsmiley
Richmond, Virginia
“How disappointing!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2006

When we walked into the restaurant for dinner, we expected a five-star service. After all, this was supposed to be one of the nicest places in Estes, and we were prepared to spend a lot of money. This had to have been the most disappointing experience on our whole honeymoon.

We were seated promptly (we made reservations), but the waitress didn't come to our table for at least 5-10 minutes. We placed our order (I ordered the filet mignon after reading the below reviews, and my husband ordered the rib eye steak). The soup (beef brisket) was quite good, as was the bread. The meal went downhill from there. I think our waitress stopped by maybe once after that, to drop off our food.

We both had sodas and the waitress never kept them filled. My husband had to explicitly ask her for a refill (in my opinion, in a good restaurant like this, they should be paying more attention). She never came back! He sat with an empty cup of ice for the entire meal. It's one thing to have to ask for a refill, another for them to never refill it. She also never removed any of the extra plates off the table - the empty bread basket, plate of olive oil, bread plates, etc.

The meal was okay - I've had much better steaks, for half the price. Expect to pay at least $25-30 per entree. My filet mignon was way undercooked (I ordered it medium, as I do all my steaks, and it was practically bleeding red) - I would have loved to tell the server this so that I could have sent it back to be cooked further, but like I said, she was never around to check back on us. My husband said his rib eye was okay, but not very well flavored - very dry and bland.

Another thing that was less than a 5-star experience was the live music. I think having live music (piano) is a nice touch - however, if you're going to do it, do it well. They had three ten-year-old kids playing the piano, each only knew about 4-5 songs and cycled through them, so we heard the same grade-level songs all night. Maybe I'm critical, I'm a musician, but it really took away from the whole experience.

Maybe I'm just really used to higher-level service and quality food where I come from, but for a restaurant that claims to be the best and nicest in Estes, they have a lot of work to do. I will never go back there. To summarize, the ambiance is nice (although ruined by the bad piano music), the food is mediocre (way overpriced for the quality), and the service is atrocious. Don't go here.

7 Thank BrownEyes812
Louisiana
“Great Atmosphere !! Average Food Average Service”
Reviewed August 17, 2006

I had a reservation for 7:30pm, did not get seated for 30 minutes -- pasted at four empty tables, so I do not know what the deal was. Atmosphere is 10, very young piano player was great. Waiter was average. The trout is NOT Colorado trout, which is surprising. There was two other tables near us that we complaining about their food.

3 Thank shvtraveler

Been to Twin Owls Steakhouse? Share your experiences!