“in a town not famous for food they do it well”

Twin Owls Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Twin Owls Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 34 Bypass
Description: Twin Owls Steakhouse is located at the Black Canyon Inn and housed in a recently renovated 1920's log cabin. We blend the tradition of family, the celebration of friends and the finest cuisine in Estes Park for a warm and unique experience. We offer many options for your unforgettable event. Private Event Dining available for 20-55 guests or reserve the entire Restaurant for events of 75-185 guests.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

food, service and atmosphere were all done well. we enjoyed the ribeye and pizza. both were prepared well and very enjoyable. our seating was in the bar as we had no reservations but same great atmosphere and service as main dining, except visual on live music. we've been here twice before and have always had a good experience. great cocktails.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a very beautiful location and the service was great. My food was excellent, but my husband was not happy with his steak. The manager came over to ask our satisfaction and when he found that my husband was dissapointed, he offered another entree, but we were finished, so he removed out dessert from the bill. We were very satisfied and would go there again.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very nice atmosphere for a casual restaurant. My husband and I had the Twin Owls 4x4 entree, I think it is called. Lobster tail and 4 oz filet. It was delicious. We shared the caprese salad which was different than any other we have ever eaten (green tomatoes), but we were pleasantly surprised how tasty it was and actually better than most. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, and when she learned it was our anniversary, she offered us a free dessert. Also, extremely delicious! We very much enjoyed ourselves and will definitely return on our next visit to Estes Park. Call ahead for reservations. Popular place, but still manages to maintain a quiet atmosphere.

1  Thank Anita C
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have been going to Twin Owls for 10 years. It is our favorite place getaway restaurant. Everytime we go it is a delight. Service, food atmosphere are wonderful year round. Last night, the green chili and aged white cheddar mashed potatoes were a surprisingly wonderful compliment to our meal. Don't miss it when you go to Estes Park! We are so glad that Ken from RiverStone told us about it because we had been going to Estes for 20 years and never knew this restaurant was tucked away in the hills!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Twin Owls pleasantly surprises with food that exceeds the usual steak house fare. The night we ate there the special was antelope, which I ordered. My wife had Elk medallions. Both dishes were excellent (though my wife thought the antelope tasted like pot roast--I can't recall a pot roast with the same gamy flavor and soft texture). The sides of vegetables, potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes were all nicely seasoned. The wine recommended to accompany the elk was sold out, but the substitute our waiter suggested was a very good match and reasonably priced. The next time I eat here I'd like to have the steak, just to see if it's as good as the rest of what they offer. Our waiter was quick and attentive but not intrusive. All in all a great night out, worth every penny.

Been to Twin Owls Steakhouse? Share your experiences!