“You'll love the Black Canyon Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Canyon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Black Canyon Inn
Denver
“You'll love the Black Canyon Inn!”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Estes Park. The Black Canyon Inn is our favorite!!! The setting is peaceful and beautiful, with a pond, wildlife and great places to walk/hike. Accomodations are squeaky clean, nicely decorated and very spacious--much larger than most other condos/cabins. The 2 BR/2 Bath unit is the best value, and it is PERFECT if you are travelling with another couple or friends, because it is actually 2 adjoining units. The main unit (which is the same as a 1 BR unit) has a roomy living area w/fireplace and kitchen, and a master bedroom/large bath. The spacious second bedroom/bath has its own entrance and separate patio/balcony. So you can come and go without disturbing each other; then just open the door between the units to share the kitchen/living area. One more note: the manager/staff are very gracious and friendly. We've had maybe 6 or 7 stays at the Black Canyon Inn, and they've all been great!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank fowles2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Thornton, CO
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We recently got married at Black Canyon Inn and cannot say enough GREAT things about the location, staff, and views at this wonderful place! Originally we knew that we wanted to pick something that was beautiful but still felt like "us"--nothing too stuffy. We never dreamt that we would find such a perfect place that we loved and also fit our budget. I never actually met Rosemary in person (owner and wedding helper extraordinaire) until the day before the wedding but that made no difference whatsoever! She had all the details for our day ready to go and knew exactly what was needed. Everyone at our wedding couldn't get over just how relaxing and stress-free everything was. We had to switch our ceremony inside due to weather, but Rosemary was very willing for us to wait as late as possible to see if the weather was going to change. All I can say is they were so accomodating for us which is exactly what a bride needs on her big day! The day after the wedding, my dad went down to the office to get our marriage certificate and Rosemary had already taken care of it and mailed it off for us!
When we originally booked Black Canyon Inn, we only looked at the reception and ceremony space. We weren't too concerned with the rooms--boy were we pleasantly surprised upon checkin! All of the rooms were just gorgeous and very spacious! Our guests were blown away! We can't wait to return for our anniversary. We would highly reccomend BCI to anyone looking for a perfect wedding venue in Estes Park. It was the most perfect day, and we couldn't think of any other place that would have been better for us!
Sidenote: We had our reception at Twin Owls Steakhouse which was also just wonderful! It was so cozy and fun and we heard from many of our guests that it was the best wedding they had been to. Food was GREAT, service was WONDERFUL! I do not have one negative thing to say about it except that the party had to finally end!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank HoneyMoon31
VIRGINIA BEACH
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Hi, my name is Heston Killip. My wife Brianne and I have a unique story for this. We are both in the military, during the time of the planning Brianne was overseas. We had decided where we would like to get married via e-mail. This was all in my hands. Fortunately for me there is an awesome, sweet, and kind lady by the name of rosemary who works there. I called her and explain what the deal was and the time frame for which my bride to be would be coming back to the states. She and her staff including Micheal Lyons, immediately jumped into action and helped me with everything, including: location for ceremony, photographer (who did a spectacular job), cake, lodging, decorating, and dining. She was such a help to me. They mailed me all the info i needed and made it so easy, that there really wasn't any stress. When we arrived there it was a place only seen in movies. It is an amazing rustic scenery. It provides a tranquil and relaxed atmosphere, leaving you to not want to leave. It gives you the opportunity to snuggle up together next to a fire with just a flip of a switch. Or relax in a jet tub. And you can get lost in the bed. Its so huge! The place is stocked with utensils and pots/ pans. All you have to do is bring your own food for the stay. But don’t worry right down the way is a grocery store and a liquor store--for wine of course ;). Also, black canyon inn is close to downtown where you can shop and take in all the local dining. Oh and lets not forget, the view. The view from the lodge is awesome! You can sit out on the porch and just look at the intriguing view of the mountains. My wife and I had such a wonderful time at the black canyon inn, and we plan to make it up there again for an anniversary.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank THEKILLIPS
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We just got married at the Black Canyon Inn, and it was absolutely amazing! We chose it because it had an amazing view, several beautiful ceremony sites (plus an indoor backup just in case!), a great place to have the reception on site, and lodging for all our guests. The wedding turned out even nicer than we could have imagined. The mountain view from the Black Canyon Inn is amazing. It feels secluded which was a necessity for us doing a mountain wedding, but you are only minutes from the main drag in Estes Park. Also, since we had so many guests staying there I got to many of the condos. They are so nice, each one is different, they are huge, and they have wonderful kitchens and jacuzzi tubs! Rosemary and Mike are such great people and more help than you would believe! Also doing the reception at Twin Owls Steakhouse was great. The food and ambiance was amazing! I just can't say enough about how perfect everything was at the Black Canyon Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MountainGirl101
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We picked Black Canyon Inn for our Wedding, Honeymoon and the addition of Twin Owls Steakhouse, even our reception dinner. Rosemary was amazing and even did our Ceremony. I could not have wished for anything more. Everyone enjoyed their stay and the wedding site. Our Cabin was great, had a full sized fridge and the fire place made it so much better, since our stay was in February. We plan to return, and if you need someone to officiate your wedding, ask Rosemary.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SoMuchInLove
Clinton, MS
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We decided to elope to Estes Park. When I started searching for hoels/condos, I had no clue, but the staff at Black Canyon Inn made every aspect of our wedding fabulous! The room and view was even more beautiful than we expected! I would definately recommend this for a wedding or just a relaxing vaca! In fact, we hope to return for our anniversery!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank weltiff
san diego
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed i nthe newly renovated "f" building. Beautiful, clean & relaxing. The in floor heating- dont crank it up too high the p[lace was very toasty!
Easy access to some nice hiking trails as well.
The food at the Twin Owl Steak house was really really good (and I am picky!!)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank kim058