“Perfect!”
Review of Black Canyon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Black Canyon Inn
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was a destination wedding site for a relative and ended up being an amazing vacation for the entire family. We all rented different condos on the site, and each place was clean, comfortable and offered everyone wonderful views of the Twin Owls and mountains beyond.
Staff were helpful and attentive. They are very skilled in putting on weddings. The ceremony was in a comfortable, covered, outdoor venue with the Rocky Mountains as a back drop. The restaurant on site is large enough for a wedding of around 100 people, with good food and service.
I would recommend the Inn for a vacation spot or as a destination wedding!

Room Tip: Upper floor condos had a better deck than the ones on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We rented out the entire property for guests at my daughter's wedding that was held on the premises in April 2014. We couldn't be happier with the beautiful condos and management making sure everything went perfect. We had the 2 bdrm, 2 ba with loft and staircase unit. Everyone ooo'd and ahhh'd at the beautiful condo and setting. I received nothing but positive feedback from all the guests for their condos as well.
This is an immaculately kept property with fabulous views of Rocky Mountain National Park nearby. It is not uncommon to see large elk and other wildlife on the grounds. If you want to get a real feel for what Colorado is all about, this is the place for you. And I should know, since I live in Colorado!

Room Tip: There is a cute rustic log cabin that can be rented on the premises. It has a 2 fireplaces! One in t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MountainGurlCO
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We come to Black Canyon 3-4 times a year! The staff is superb and always so kind and attentive. They know the area well and give great ideas and suggestions. The view is simply amazing. There is no other place like it. We have been coming to Estes for years and no other place compares! The grounds are well kept, the place has class (unlike the writer below). Sounds like she didn't understand these are condos and NOT hotels. Seriously, honey, don't try and ruin a good company by attacking someone personally. Perhaps, Florida for Spring Break is more your speed.

Everyone here has always been top notch, professional and very responsive. Lots of wildlife around. There's nothing like waking up to 6-20 elk outside your window to watch as you drink your morning coffee. Highly recommend Black Canyon!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

First, I want to say that I never write reviews and I can tell that I am going to enjoy this.

This property is a whole ownership condo association. For the owners of these units I hope you read this and move to make some operational changes at the property level.
The front desk staff.... worst in the hospitality game, EVER. I can not express in words how rude, demanding and just an overall lack of respect that a guest should be given by the front office. I have to say that Sarah is probably either new to the hospitality space or just could really care less about how her sour attitude impacts your life. I would move to removing her as soon as possible.
Long story short... I was there for a wedding in the A section of the "cabins". I think I could hear the people next door having sex and stomping around at 5AM... At this said, wedding we drank beer and ate some chips. When we left there were chips on the ground and beer bottles on the counter... about an hour later one of the people that I was staying with said "I think the Black Canyon is trying to run my card for $100" .

Sure enough my card was then attempted to run a $100 charge (4 times). I personally didn't sign ANYTHING just split the room with my friend. We had to call and ask what was going on... I continued to educate her that running an individuals card without consent is called "fraud" and she knew that this was an illegal act because she verbally confirmed it (and wasn't sorry about it). After some choice words were had she went down to the unit to inspect the condition and said she would call me back once she saw it with her own eyes. She called back, lowered the cleaning fee charge from $100 to $50 and said I need you to pull out your CC and give me one that works right now.

I told her to pound sand... The short of this long story is that this isn't a hotel... no room service (cleaning daily), actual hard keys (unsafe especially for the ladies), no amenities like shampoo for instance. This place is bleeding cash and it shows. It feels like your in the 70's here and each unit is completely different. The is no consistency here and the people in the front "office" are inept to do their job and are milking the actual owners of the Black Canyon "Inn".

Screw this Mickey Mouse operation and go stay in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gunny514
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My daughter was married at The Black Canyon Inn on January 18, 2014. The venue could not have been better. The only negative was a minor mix up with a reservation, but it was taken care of immediately. All of the ladies we worked with were wonderful. It was a gorgeous day for an outdoor wedding in Estes Park and everything was perfect. The Twin Owl Steakhouse, which is located on the property, was fabulous. The food was fantastic, very well presented, and Sandra was wonderful.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith P
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Columbine cabin for our Estes Park fun-filled weekend away. It snowed the evening we got there, and continued through until morning...it was absolutely beautiful. The cabin is such a sweet, romantic cabin....so cozy. Everything was very clean, and the staff was great. The view is spectacular!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferR73
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for two nights, great views, huge bathroom with jacuzzi.very comfortable but no broil pan or any pyrex dishes or anything to put in oven also no microwave dishes for the microwave.it made it difficult to cook a meal with only pans for the hob.Also crockery was tired. Small things but it took the shine off a great place to stay.the helpful reception said all condos were individualy owned and should have these items they apologised but did not find us anything to put in oven or microwave.

Room Tip: If you are planning to cook, do not have condo A6
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DesBir
BreeyanBSloan, Manager at Black Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you very much for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Again, I'm very sorry that you didn't find what you needed for your meals provided in the condo. I didn't have any miscellaneous items available in our office that would have helped, unfortunately. Upon your departure, my staff did find a cookie sheet in the drawer under the oven, which easily could have been overlooked. We are diligently working with our owners this winter on updating and increasing the amenities they are providing for their guests and allowing the guests to have a better expectation of what will be available to them during their stay. I do hope you will consider us again the next time you visit Estes Park!