“I would not reccomend this place!!”

Loveland Heights Cottages
Apex, NC
“I would not reccomend this place!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Our family has stayed at this cottage for the last ten years and unfortunatley after this visit we will not return. The cottage was clean but the customer service was very poor. They ran out of gas and we were left with no heat and management did not appologize just complained about all of thier problems. We were given one roll of toilet paper and one garbage bag for 4 nights stay for 3 people. When we ran out and asked for more we were made to feel like we were a burden to the owners. The hot water heaters are very small so that only one person can have a luke warm shower. After being yelled at, freezing because of the poor heating set-up, and running out of toilet paper over and over we decided to leave and will not return. It is sad that they are having so many problems with the cabins but who wants to go on vacation and pay hard earned money to deal with someone elses problems.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mcglsh00
Bev500, owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, October 3, 2009
It is unfortunate that a person such as this can be allowed to write a review for anything.

I would like to answer her alligations.

This is my 3rd year managing or being at the cottages, I have never seen this lady before in my life until this year.

The customer service has never changed since the cottages were built. This is not a typical MOTEL. It is cottages and we do not enter the cabins after they are occupied.
When folks rent them, they are told this and they are ask to come to the office and we will gladly exchange towels, provide toilet paper and new garbage bags. These people were told this as well, and if indeed they have stayed here for the last 10 years as they stated, they would know that. We really do not wish to go into a cabin that has 4 days of garbage sitting around not to mention the bathroom with no toilet paper, I mean REALLY

The hot water heater is a 40 gallon water heater. Have had families of 6 stay in this cabin all summer and not once has anyone said that there was not enough hot water, by the way the hot water heater was installed this spring.

Now, as far as freezing to death. She is correct, we did run out of propane. AT 9:00 IN THE MORNING. I had 17 cottages rented, and I found out, when two of them came to the office and said there heaters went out. I immediately called the propane company and they were here before 11:00 a.m. I asked him how in the world this could happen and he said "I am sorry, I just missed you on the route". I went to every cabin and talked to them and offered each of them an electric heater. Three of the cottages had small
children. Each and every one of them said they did not need the heater because it was cool but not cold. That is, except this lady, she was at the office 3 times from 9 until 11. She was the only one of all the cabins that was freezing. We took her an electric heater that heats 1000 square feet, the cabins are 500 sq. feet and by the way the tempeture outside was 59 degrees. Not exactly freezing.

There were 3 of them and they checked out on the 3rd day. Have to wonder how 3 people could go through toilet paper over and over in just 3 days.
We happily refunded there last day.

We are not having any problems with our cottages, quite the contrary, we are loving them and so are our guests.

In Closing, I do THANK HER for saying the cottages were clean as this is very important
to us and a matter of pride.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saratoga Springs, UKtah
Reviewed September 22, 2009

If you prefer staying at a Hilton or a Marriott, this is not the place for you. That said, now let's get to the rest of the story. Loveland Heights Cottages are quaint, clean, relaxing cabins with decks overlooking the tree lined Big Thompson River, 4 miles east of Estes Park, Colorado. With the neon sign and the little park out front, I felt the atmosphere of the 1940's and 1950's, when the hustle and bustle of the modern world was not wearing us down. For four nights I slept soundly to the gentle rushing of the river, and breathing in clean mountain air. I heartily recommend Loveland Heights to any and all who like a bit of fresh nostalgia, beautiful sights, and to make it even better, the owner and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Here is an excellent choice for a vacation spot.

Nebraska
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We took our 3 boys and my mom out to Colorado. Boys are 15, 11, and 5. For a total of 6 of us. We stayed in cabin 16 which had plenty of space for us. Beautiful location and just right down the road from Estes Park. You will not get any better service from a owner. Beverly was just wonderful. Not only did we get towels, etc when we needed them. She has been in this area for awhile and everyone loved to hear the stories she had and enjoyed the pictures too. We stayed 5 days and none of us wanted to leave! Again, thanks Beverly. We look forward to seeing you next year!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Utah
Reviewed September 11, 2009

This morning I walked along the flagstone trail beside the river, with the moss-etched stones and sprinkling of wild flowers under the rustic cottonwoods. Enchanting! I didn’t know where to look first—the scrub across the river, just beginning to turn to autumn colors; the towering pines up the majestic mountain; down the river, trying to spot the otters; or up the river, where a fly fisherman was wading.
Back at the cabin I sat on the deck and breathed in the clear, crisp air. I loved the ambience of the “blast from the past,” with the old-time décor and fun vintage touches. Delightful! I was amazed that cabins built close to a century ago could be so clean and well-kept. Kudos to the friendly, helpful staff!
I can’t wait to return.

Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have been staying at the Cottages for many years! We fell upon the cottages when our children were very young. They are now young adults! We love the rustic/mountain experience we get when staying at the Cottages! We have stayed in the cottages 4 times this year. It is great to have such a perfect getaway in our backyard! Fishing is great, the decks are awsome and the staff is super. We will be back every year! Did you know the Cottages are listed in the Historical Register!!!! What great memories we have and will create!

Denver
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My husband and 2 young kids loved this cabin. And will be back. It was nice to cook dinner with friends and was able to have the kids play outside. The cabin has a full kitchen and nice dinning room plus a living room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank arggg123
Denver
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed in a cottage right on the river, and it was fantastic. Relaxing on the big deck over the river was ideal. The cottage was rustic, but very clean, lots of room, and we had everything we needed. The decor is outdated, but for us, that just added to the charm -- kind of like staying at grandma's house! We will definitely visit again soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple