Loveland Heights Cottages
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$219
$180
BestWestern.com
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Travelocity
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$138
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagesthe big thompson riverthe riverstep back in timegreat decktroutenjoyed our stayfull kitchenback porchrushing waterour honeymoonbed was very comfortablerocky mountainbeverlycabinbedroomlhc
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Absolutely the only thing I can say positive about Loveland Heights is that the river was beautiful!

The cabin (Cabin 9) was nothing like the pictures or the discription. The furniture was second hand garage sale, to say the least, and extremely uncomfortable! The deck felt unstable; the only lock on the front screen door was on the OUTSIDE; many windows didn't have screens; the closet was bare wood; the grounds were all grown up...except the very front yard; there was no safe cleared place for my Grandsons to play; there was no cold water in the bathroom sink; the shower was small and run down; many of the electrical outlets didn't work; light fixtures either had a short or didn't work.

The list could go on...

Needless to say, we do not plan to stay at Loveland Heights Cabins again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank AnArkansasTraveler50
lovelandheights, owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2009

There is a full acre of grass in the front of these cabins. The back is left natural, as that is what the mountains are all about. The furniture and paintings and pictures are all carefully picked out to enhance the period that the cottages come from. The deck had undergone a complete assessment by a carpenter on may 1st. All window and door screens were replaced in Jan. of 2008. There was a review written on this same cabin on July 21st of 2008 refer to the next review down. Both of these parties stayed in the month of July 2008. My goodness what a difference.

Reviewed July 21, 2008

the cabins were exactly as advertised. they weren't brand new but were clean and very comfortable. you could exchange your towels when you needed new ones and the staff was very helpful and friendly if you needed advice. it isn't the hilton but it is a rustic cabin in a great location very near where you want to be. a short drive into town, grocery stores and the park. it is much better than some of the places i have stayed in the area before. if i go back i would stay there again, i miss it already!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you for a great review, we are fortunate that almost all reviews we receive are like this one. The negative review I received just in front of this one was an exception. They stayed the same month and year as you did. WOW, what a difference. Thank you so much, hope you will come back to see us soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2008

Wow what a great experience. We have been coming up to loveland heights cottages for many years. We started coming way back in the summer of 1999. It was just my hubby and myself. We didn't want to spend a lot of money. I called to find out if they had any openings in July. This sweet person answered the phone. She was not pushy in in way. She was open and honest about her cabins. She told me that they were rustic but with lots of personailty. We stayed in a studio the first summer. We had a blast. It was the end unit. We had a bbq grill and a small kitchen. Both my hubby and I were totally taken away how you can walk out the back door and the river is right there. We were not ready to come home. We made a call to the cabins again the next summer. This time we stayed in a single cabin right on the river. Yeah my hubby said the showers were a little tight. But who cares when the deck over hangs the river. The next summer we had a young son. So they put us in a 2 bedroom off the river. They were very sweet about any questions we had. We came back every year. Each year we had to move into a bigger cabin. OUR family is getting so big. Last year we stayed in the 3 bedroom. I have to say we have 4 children now. When you have a growing family and not a lot of money and you just want to get away for a couple of days what a great place. Yes you have to go and get towels and trash bags from the managers. Personally I don't like people going into my room and cleaning it. How do you know they don't snoop. Anywhere I stay I always get my own towels and empty my trash. No big deal. Just think last year we saw lots of elk and deer and raccoons. My son got to feed one a peanut. How exciting is that for a young child from the big city. The managers are wonderful people. Very out going and if you need anything like a car battery jump or a phone call home because your cell phone doesn't work in the canyon. They will let you use their office phone. Not many places will do that. I will come back every year. I am so happy to say loveland heights cottages is a wonderful place to visit and make lots of great memories. My daughter caught her first fish right out our back door. Made our reservation already for this summer.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank funnyface500

Thank you for a wonderful review of our cabins. I think we have the most beautiful setting and everytime I show a cabin and hear their comments, I just thank God I am priviledged to live here. It is so wonderful knowing that there are customers like you that feel as I do

Reviewed September 5, 2007

We rented several cabins for a family vacation the summer. The cabins were filthy and in disrepair and it was the dirtiest place I have ever paid to stay. The bathroom drains backed up (with sewage), the bathroom sink was falling off the wall, the pilot lights kept going out in the heater and the stove spewing propane into the air, and the cable only worked in the first cabin closest to the office. The shower stalls were rusting, had paint peeling off, and was missing a drain cover. The floors slope and the foundations are crumbling. There is NO housekeeping, contrary to what they advertise or say to you. You have to take out your own garbage, ask for towels and garage bags (that they ask you to share). They advertise a full kitchen but do not provide microwaves, they advertise full baths but do not have bathtubs. We were told at 9:30pm at night to be quiet because their kids were trying to sleep, when my 1 year old was sleeping soundly in the next room. Then after scolding us, they kept their front door open for an hour to listen. They started asking for our money for the entire stay as soon as we got there. They were hillbillies that ran the place and I wondered when the chainsaws were going to come out, reminded me of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre family. I asked for a vacuum (since there was no housekeeping) and they had to go through 3 of them before the found one that sucked more dirt than it threw out. The only good thing is that you are right on the river, however in this area in Estes, it is catch and release.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Barb411

I am very proud of the cleanliness of our cabins. I did not personally run the motel in Sept. of 07 but I was in charge of the cleaning. There was nothing wrong with the drains, they smelled gas from a pilot light that had gone out. I personally went in and lit the pilot and the problem was solved. There was NO gas spewing anywhere, it was a pilot light. That particular cabin has a cross breeze and the pilot light was a problem, so we replaced the stove in 2008. We also installed a new shower in this cabin. In motels the words "HouseKeeping" means that you are your own housekeeper for your stay. We do not enter the cabins after you check in unless you request it. People have been coming up to the office for over 60 years to get clean towels, have never heard of a problem with this. We are family run, no employees, we would not have time to go into each cabin every day, this way we get to sit out on the swing and visit with our guests and still watch the office. They enjoy it and so do we. They watch us feed the birds and the chipmunks and even join in. Since I read this review, I make sure I tell everyone that we do not furnish microwaves

Reviewed July 6, 2007

This IS the Rocky Mountains!!! I wish I were there now!! I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to experience the Rockies. Our cabin had a deck that extended out over the Big Thompson which is purely a fisherman's delight. We stayed in the old cabin that was built in the 1800's (of course it is old-so don't expect luxury) and spent most of our time on the deck fishing. We cooked our own meals in the kitchen and the only thing I would recommend is adding a microwave. The owners/caretakers were very friendly and accommodating. You won't want to stay here if you are the "prissy" type, but if you want a place that is safe, homey and offers a taste of the wilderness, this is the place. The prices are so reasonable and I cannot wait to return there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladydi12

Thanks for the wonderful review. You are right "This is The Rocky Mountains". It takes wonderful people like you to appreciate what we have to offer, and everytime I walk out my door I feel I have died and gone to heaven. I dearly LOVE this piece of property. Glad you do too. Hope you can come back and see us.