“This was our vacation destination.”

Loveland Heights Cottages
Ft. Worth, Texas
“This was our vacation destination.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I and our son stayed at loveland heights cottages four nights last july. My parents and I began staying here in 1970. This has been my vacation destination ever since. These cottages are the ultimate getaway for relaxation. I have many fond memories from my family staying here. When I think of Colorado I think of Loveland Heights cottages . Ms Beverly will make sure you're comfortable to have a satisfying stay. Besides being the owner she's a great hostess as well. Bring your family and start making you're own memories as I have.

Room Tip: All cottages are clean, cozy and comfortable with nice decks overlooking the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank toyroy66

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm gonna make this short and to the point, a friend and I were planning a motorcycle trip to Colorado and looking for economical lodging when he found Loveland Heights Cottages on the internet. I called and talked to Beverly and reserved Cabin 2. To say this was a good choice is an understatement, the cabins are located in the scenic Thompson canyon, and on the Thompson river, awesome place to relax. The cabins are clean, beds very comfortable, deck is very relaxing and hosts very nice and helpful. They even gave us room to park on their paved driveway so we wouldn't have to park our Harley's on gravel (which really isn't in bad shape, but still very kind of them). My friend and I will be taking our families there in the next year or so. I highly recommend these cabins to everyone.

Room Tip: Cabin 2 has largest deck, plan on making your reservations well in advance as this place is always f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scott P
Steelville, Missouri
Reviewed August 13, 2013

August 4 - August 9 2013. This was my first trip to Colorado, went with my husband, 2 of our daughters and another family (of 5). We had cabin 15 and they had 16. It was exactly what I was hoping for. Loved the cabin, loved the scenery and our experience with the owner was fantastic.
We hope to get back there again someday.
Thank you Beverly - for providing us a great place to stay!
The Mueller Family

1 Thank Andy M
Clinton, Iowa
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family of four (myself, wife, 13 year old and 9 nine year old) stayed for two weeks in July and early August of 2013 at Loveland Heights Cottages. First of all, as many have stated, it is important to take a look at the pictures of the cabins and furnishings so you understand these cottages before you reserve them. These are rustic cabins and are not intended to have a modern look to them. This cabin reminded me so much of cabins we stayed in numerous times at a resort in Wisconsin when I was a child. In other words our cabin brought back good memories of childhood.

The cabin we stayed in (#1) was clean upon arrival, had hot showers for all four of us during our entire two week stay, had comfortable queens beds, and a wonderful deck right over the Big Thompson River out back. Our kids had a great time wading in the river right behind the cabin. The refrigerator, microwave, stove and toaster were all in good working order. It was great to have bath towels and washcloths, dish towels and dish rags, toilet tissue, bath soap, and dish detergent all included as well. We had clean towels given to us half way though our trip, and the owners offered to clean our bedding since we had an extended stay. The cabins are just a short drive from downtown Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.

We did have a little trouble with the toilet plugging up our first morning but that was fixed by the owner while we were out for the day. There were a couple of other minor clogs throughout our stay but we were able to unclog them ourselves. This would be my only complaint but I would have no problem returning and staying in this same cabin.

The owner and her family are very pleasant and obviously take a lot of pride in their cabins. If we return to Estes Park we would not hesitate to stay at Loveland Heights Cottages again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ehmusicman
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I really dont go to Estes Park, Colorado looking for great bargains in lodging. I know better. But I got one without looking from Beverly and the folks at Loveland Heights. We just had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Treehouse in Loveland Heights West. Minutes from downtown Estes Park....yet suprisingly remote. For the fisherman all I will tell is that my first one (caught standing just upsteam from our Treehouse) was a 14 inch Rainbow who put on quite the show. Oh my gosh! What a beautiful stretch of the Big Thompson River! And the Treehouse is all brand spanking new inside....I mean brand new and well done!....and the outside is quite well maintained. A gorgeous deck right on the river. And I mean right on the river. Location! Location! Location! .....and nothing available can beat Loveland Heights West location for the price. You want a great place to stay for a very reasonable price while visiting Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park give Bev a call....... all I can say is Oh My Gosh! did we ever have just a wonderful stay at the Treehouse!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the A-frame, Bears Den, or Treehouse
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Loved this place! It was the perfect place for our relaxing getaway weekend we were looking for. First of all, they were so great about accommodating our late arrival. The cabin was exactly what we expected, by far the greatest part was the deck looking overlooking the river! We spent a lot of time out there just listening! It was a comfortable distance away from downtown Estes, the beds were very comfortable, and it was so convenient to have all we needed right in our exceptionally clean cabin. The staff was incredible, going above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable and had a great knowledge of fun things to do while we were in Estes Park. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. We have already begun planning our next trip out there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Loveland Heights Cottages! We wanted a relaxing weekend getaway, which is exactly what we got! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by two lovely ladies! We stayed in cabin #10. The cabin was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the deck was awesome! There was a full-sized fridge and stove with pots and pans, dishes, silverware, etc. The owner shared with us some of the history of the area, which we really enjoyed. We even got an elk which walked right into the yard, so we got great pictures. We will definitely stay here again and bring back our family from out of state!

1 Thank Colorado_Fun_12