“Great deck ,but old and out of date”

Loveland Heights Cottages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The best thing about this place was the deck from cabin that overlooks the river out back.It was beautiful and quite,meaning you could not hear the highway from the room just the rushing water.The lady who owns the property was upset because I only stayed one night.The bathroom was very small and like a tin can in the shower.The cabins are old and show their dated style.I was there for the deck and rushing river.We had a BBQ out back which was awesome .The out of town location was nice to.
Only 5 minutes to town.

Room Tip: Ask for a Cabin right on the river
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vetgirl69
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

This IS the lady that owns Loveland Heights.

When you make a reservation for multiple nights, you should honor that reservation. When folks make reservations for these cottages, they want one cabin that is special to them. This is not a place that has 100 rooms that all look alike, each cabin is different and if someone wants cabin 17 or 9, doesn't matter, that is the cabin they WANT.

When someone comes in the office and never even sees the cabin and says "we are only staying one night", that costs customers that wanted to reserve that cabin and me also. Most of the business' up here would not let you get away with that.

I explained to you that you were responsible for the whole stay that you reserved and you became upset so I just let it go and charged you the one night. You came in later and ask for the WiFi pass code and then even later and ask if I had a pen you could borrow. I gave you the pass word and the pen with absolutely no hard feelings and told you to have a nice time.

I do Thank you for loving our Beautiful Decks on the Big Thompson River and for stating that our cottages are dated. Thats what we want people to know. We proudly advertise "Step Back in Time" and enjoy the simple comforts of the 1950's. We are not the Big Chain Hotels and darn proud of it. We are known for our cleanliness, the people that came in that cabin after you left spent 10 minutes telling me how Beautiful our place was and much they LOVED THAT CABIN. I guess they looked at the pictures on the internet when they reserved, thats what we put them on there for, so that everyone knows exactly what they are reserving.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we arrived we were moved to the owner's other property down the street. Was SO looking forward to the deck over the water. But due to the cold the pipes bursted so staying there was not an option. Very accommodating. Room was very clean and comfortable. Only thing that stood out was there were no coffee cups. But if that's the only complaint I'd say the owners did well. Very close to town but yet far enough away. We did have some road noise but that's our fault as we like to sleep with the windows open and it is right off the road. However I don't know that I would have paid $225 a night. But we were very pleased that she was able to move us to another cabin. Would love to come back and stay at the one we were originally supposed to stay. All in all we were pleased.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I am so sorry I had to move you but greateful I had a place to move you to.

I ordered new dishes for these units and was not aware that there were no cups with the sets of dishes. I was injured in Aug of last year and had to depend on somone else to put them in the cabins. I have taken care of that problem.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review we read and respond to each and every one of them.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Talk about on the water. We had a deck off of our cabin that hung over the water. It was wonderful in the morning sitting out there watching fish floating under our deck. We loved the atmosphere and would definetly go back. The place is older and our cabin was the oldest one there and could use a good deep cleaning as there were lots of cobwebs around the windows and outside the cabin. Even with that it was a wonderful place to stay if you want to be close to town yet in the mountians and on the water. Loved it! It also is one of the cheapest places to stay. I hope to go back there some day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FlesRae
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank You very much, it was a pleasure.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed two weeks in the Bear Cave for some peace and quiet while getting some big projects done for work in late October. The Bear Cave is right on the Big Thompson River, the sound of the river going by is delightful. It was great to have a fully equipped kitchen and a very good Safeway right down the road. The bed was very comfortable. The owner was very accommodating. It was very quiet since it was past the normal tourist season. The weather was great, even had a couple days of snow and everything looked fabulous, I love the fall in Estes Park.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank You. I just love people that tell it the way it really is. It is a constant challenge to please every customer but we really do TRY.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My sisters and I stayed in the A-Frame cabin for a couple nights. We came together from California and Washington and Denver for a sister getaway. It was great! My sisters were so pleased with my find for the cabin. The location was so wonderful. You open the back door from the kitchen to the patio as well as the master bedroom upstairs and you have this beautiful view of the water. The kitchen was so cute, fully stocked and very clean. We had a ton of fun cooking dinner and baking goodies. We kept the heater down and had the fire going upstairs in the master bedroom. We roasted marshmallows in the fireplace and watched movies upstairs too :)
The bathrooms were adorable and fully stalked with fresh towels and toiletries. Super cute claw bathtub upstairs too. We are planning to come back in the summer so we can take advantage of the Estes Park hiking trails. Nothing to report other than we had a great experience. We may bring the hubby's and kids too!

Room Tip: We only saw inside of A-Frame property first hand but there are photos on the website for LCH.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, I could just move lnto that house and enjoy the fireplace with the sound of the river going by, I just might do that someday when I decide to retire.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you are planning far enough ahead, you can find much nicer cabins for the price.We have stayed in unit 15 twice because I couldn't plan ahead and most of the nicer cabin resorts were full. It was a popular Fall weekend for viewing Elk and aspen colors. the unit has three beds, two in one bedroom, which is perfect for our family with two teenagers. This weekend was cold, and the cabins do not have a fireplace. The baseboard heaters are only in the bedrooms and bathroom, making the living room cold and the bedrroms too hot. The kitchen is tiny, and though I brought pre-prepared lasagne to heat up and our electric fonu pot for the other dinner, there was no colander, cheese grater, pan appropriate for pancakes, large coffee cups. If the cabin 15 were half the price I would say it was a good value. But for $225/night it is overpriced. The best feature of this cabin is the deck hanging right over the Fall River. If you are going to fly fish, it would be perfect. if you are going during warm weather and can hang out on the deck the whole time, it would be great. But in the Fall...I suggest looking around a little more. Next year I will.

Room Tip: It looked like the cabins that are not duplexed might be cuter. 15 is duplex with 16 which has three...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank skidownbrown
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

First, lets address the cold. These are summer cabins that are only open thru the 15th of Oct. because we are not winterized, the weekend that you stayed here it dropped to 17%. We had pipes frozen and broken everywhere. We moved everyone to the west side where you were at as those pipes are more protected, we have stayed open until Oct. 15th for 32 years and have NEVER had a freeze like that. I am truly sorry that it happened BUT it was out of my hands. We have some wonderful eden pure portable heaters that heat 1000 sq feet. We gave out two of those during that time and the customers were very happy and warm. cabin15 is heavily insulated (was totaly remodeled last spring) so I had no idea there was a problem, wish you had come to us and we could have taken care of it.

When people check in to our cabins, we ALWAYS tell them if you need anything at all Please let us know and we will see to it that you have it. The office is about 20 foot from cabin 15 if you needed all these things why didn"t you let us know. We would have gladly gotten them for you.
cheese grater, colander, large coffee cups?????? REALLY????? If you indeed have stayed in that cabin before, you must have known these things. The very last thing we tell our customers as they head to their cabins is, Have a good time and if you need anything Please let us know. I also hope you make your plans earlier next year.

And Last but not Least In order to look at Fall River from my deck you would have to have awfully long arms and binoculars because Fall River is 5 miles from here and on the other side of Estes Park. We are VERY proud to be on the Banks of the Big Thompson River. Makes you wonder, huh?

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had reservations with Loveland Heights Cottages for three nights , upon arriving we immediately knew we would not be staying ! THE GROUNDS WERE A MESS TO THE POINT IT LOOKED LIKE IT HAD BEEN CLOSED DOWN FOR MONTHS. The office was FILTHY ! The smell was the worst ! We lost 10% of our deposit but was worth it . We

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank diane h
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

This whole review is bogus and this is why. You rated everyone of the subjects in the review at the lowest point you could.
Value-----------How do you know, you did not stay in the cabin
Location-------3 miles from Estes Park and on the Big Thompson River, everyone else wants it.
Sleep Quality-You never slept on the brand new queen mattress, so how would you know
Rooms--------Again, how would you know
Cleanliness-Read the other 147 reviews and see how bogus this one is.
Service--------I thought your service was excellant. You walked to the cabin, looked inside and came back wanting your money back. We immediately credited your credit card for your 1st nights stay, no questions ask. I think that should qualify for at least one of your reviews to get a top score. Kind of sets the tone for the whole review, I think.
The reason that we take a 10% cancellation fee is very simple. When we put your deposit in the bank and then you cancel, I cannot go to the bank or credit card company and ask for their fees to be returned to me. That is just not going to happen. If you will take the time to read about 90% of the other cottages in Estes Park, they will tell you that you ARE responsible for your whole reservation and believe me they mean it, some of them even collect the whole amount up front. That would have been $824.46 for both cabins. We kept a cancellation fee of $26.00.
Again I would say you did pretty well. Since you reserved those cabins and therefore I could not rent them, I was the loser here not you. Then you write this kind of review, that could possibly influence other customers. Thank Goodness they have the wisdom to read them and compare them with all the other reviews and see it for what it is.

Yes, the yard is very messy. We have the most trees on this 23 acres of any cottages in Estes Park and when Mother Nature says for them to throw their leaves all over my yard, that is exactly what they do. When the winds pick up they will blow down to someone elses yard but for now they are all mine. As far as the yard looking like it has not been used in months, we were almost 100% full in July and Aug. and very busy in Sept. We have a yard man that tries to keep up. He and Mother Nature fight an ongoing battle. We have so many beautiful Aspens that this year there were several times that high school students came and ask if they could stand under the trees and have their graduation pictures taken for their annuals. We have Aspens, Cottonwoods and pine trees. We do keep the backs of the cabins and the river banks all natural. Because that is what most folks that come to the mountains want. Mother Nature at its finest. We have TREES, a BEAUTIFUL RIVER and cozy ROUTE 66 type cabins right on the banks of the river.

Lastly, My office is not filthy. It gets cluttered this time of year because the staff is constantly bringing in stuff that needs to be replaced and sits it down for me to inspect. Yesterday, they brought in a bedspread that had a whole burned in it and they brought in 4 knives that someone had bent in half, they brought in a broken lamp and wanted to know if I wanted to repair it. That was just yesterday. Normally we take this stuff to the laundry room to be inspected but you see I have a fracture on the lower part of my back and can not go to the laundry room or anywhere else, so they have to bring them to me because I am the Big Kahona and have to make these decisions.

Lastly, I hope any one of you reading this persons review will not judge this Beautiful property on falling leaves. We have so much to offer you.