“Cozy Cabins by the River”

Loveland Heights Cottages
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed 4 nights. These are rustic cabins and almost like camping without the hassle. The Queen beds are comfortable. The kitchen is small but well stocked with utensils / pots & pans, etc. The river is right behind the cabin. We loved sitting out on the deck every morning & night and listening to the river. It even has a heater for the chilly nights, but no a.c. which is rarely needed. There are fans and the windows do open. The furniture is 50's style but the cabin was very clean. Small stall shower. The cabin was a great price. The kids fished right behind the cabin where we could sit and watch. Great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My parents use to stay here every year with me as a child,and the cabins were always my favorite place to go. This was over 40 years ago, and I just took my 30 year old son out to colorado to see the rockies and to stay here to share the same memories with him as my parents created and shared with me. The cabins were exactly as I remembered them right down to the big rock behind cabin 17 that I played on as a child. The cabins are very clean, shaded, and only 3 miles from downtown Estes Park. It was so wonderful sitting on the deck over hanging the river all during the day listening to all the sounds of nature, and the water running. Leaving the windows open all day and night. Very cool in the mornings was so nice coming from Iowa where it is hot and humid. These cabins are very old and quaint. They are a great place to stay for an inexpensive plave to create great memorides. I can not say enough about how I love this place.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here last week in the midst of the media coverage on the Colorado wildfires. The cottage was rustic but so cute and the river right at our back door sung us to sleep every night. The fires are nowhere near this location! I can't stress enough to my fellow travelers that Colorado needs our support more than ever now! Do not cancel your trips to Rocky Mountain National Park! Do not cancel your trips to Breckenridge! We are still in Boulder and can see smoke from the nearby fires but we are completely safe. Do your research and you will find that most of Colorado, including and especially Estes Park is safe. Your innkeepers at Loveland Heights are awesome! You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed 5 nights here. The view from the deck, kitchen and back bedroom were of the mountain with pines and Aspen trees. The river runs swiftly by under your deck. Very relaxing and beautiful. New beds, microwave, coffee maker, fridge, stove and grill on the deck. If you sleep in the front bedroom you may want to bring earplugs as the highway goes right by. Also the sheer drapes don't block out the security lights or the sunlight so a sleep mask would have been helpful. Best value for your money and very close to the grocery store in Estes Park. We loved the area and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask Beverly for a cabin that has the deck overhanging the river!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have stayed there 2 times. The cabins are simple and clean as a whistle. The beds are wonderful. The kitchen utensils are sparse, but I am not there to cook. The decks are the most fantastic part. Both cabins we stayed in were over the water, and to hear the river 24/7 is delightful. The decor is old which adds a nostalgic air to the place. This is not the Hilton, but who wants the Hilton when you can have a nice cabin over or next to a beautiful river? Would go back again in a second and we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Estes Park.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review, it is a pleasure having customers like you, it makes all the hard work worth it. Hope you can come back and see us soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here 5 nights with my husband & 2 daughters. We loved it & I cant wait to go back. If you are looking for somewhere special to stay...this is it. We stayed in cabin 9. It was a great size & had everything we needed. I must say, that the deck & view was my favorite part. We would spend our days in RMNP & then fix dinner & enjoy it on the deck. The river was amazing! The owner was very nice & helpful! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank DFWgirl36
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thank You so much for your review, we were happy to have you choose Loveland Heights
Cottages for your trip. It is always fun to watch the children play in the river instead of sitting in front of a T.V. all day.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I took our granddaughter's to Loveland heights to get out of town. I love this place! The cabin was rustic and the view from the deck was absolutly beautiful. The people who own the cottages are very nice and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!l Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family