“Nice place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rustic River Cabins
Reviewed June 19, 2014

These are nice, rustic cabins right on the Big Thompson river. Owners are very nice, and cabins are clean. They are a couple miles outside of Estes Park so you feel like you are out of town, but still very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in cabin 5 and it was quaint and serene. I would call it rustic (hence the name of the cabins) but in a cute way. The cabin was older but CLEAN! This is the most important feature of any place I stay. James, one of the owners, informed us that they bought the place a couple years ago and are still in the process of fixing it up. They got side tracked by the flood and had to focus their attention on the repairs. But besides a few minor things (like a drawer being broke and maybe updating the bathroom fixtures) it was wonderful!
Cabin 5 has its own private hot tub and it is nice. But just as James predicted, my husband and son fell in love with the HUGE hot tub that all the cabins share and wanted to use that one instead!
An added bonus is a couple trails behind the property. We enjoyed a few hours back there hiking and exploring.
I loved the little back windows that look out to the rock wall that is directly behind the cabin. It reminded me of a display at the zoo. Such a silly thing but it made me smile.
Thank you for such a wonderful time! We will miss our little cabin!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is a throw back to yesteryear, extremely clean and comfortable cabins, the owners are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. We stayed in cabin 3 I think. It was on the small side for 3 people but we were only their to sleep and shower. It appears the owners have done a lot of work in the place since last June when we actually stayed. Which we would have, stayed longer than just 3 nights, but had to end our vacation after being in Aspen the first part. A most definite stay again if we go back to Estes Park.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just got back from a week in Cabin #8. It was perfect for the two of us, cozy, clean and very charming. We loved taking advantage of the private hot tub out on the balcony. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, close to downtown Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. We would definitely stay again, I miss it already!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erin R
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed in cabin #6 which had 2 bdrms. & 2 baths. There was no bathtub, only showers, which made it difficult bathing our 2 yr. old. We managed though. That is about the only negative I have. Everything else was awesome. They are older cabins so things are not as modern as you would have at home, but the cabin was plenty warm and comfy. Never thought there would be 3' of snow this time of year. Melted down pretty quick so we were able to take a few hikes. If you want, you could even fish right in the river a few feet from your door. The owner, James, is very helpful and friendly and goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable. You won't go wrong staying here I promise you.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I were looking for a weekend getaway from the city. We never imagined it would be as fun or relaxing as our stay at Rustic River. James and his wife were extremely gracious, the fishing was amazing, the hit tub even better. Thanks Rustic River!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at RRC and found that although the temperatures outside were in the negatives, the inside of the cabin was warm and cozy -- and clean!!. James and Jeanine were very attentive to the property and to me as a guest. Being close to town and the Rocky Mountain National Park made it a perfect choice for my stay in Colorado. I highly recommend Rustic River Cabins to anyone looking to get back to nature in a clean and cozy cabin in the woods. I'm already planning my next trip this fall and will not even consider looking at any other places to stay...RCC is the place for me!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo