“Great scenery, better people”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rustic River Cabins
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I were looking for a weekend getaway from the city. We never imagined it would be as fun or relaxing as our stay at Rustic River. James and his wife were extremely gracious, the fishing was amazing, the hit tub even better. Thanks Rustic River!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at RRC and found that although the temperatures outside were in the negatives, the inside of the cabin was warm and cozy -- and clean!!. James and Jeanine were very attentive to the property and to me as a guest. Being close to town and the Rocky Mountain National Park made it a perfect choice for my stay in Colorado. I highly recommend Rustic River Cabins to anyone looking to get back to nature in a clean and cozy cabin in the woods. I'm already planning my next trip this fall and will not even consider looking at any other places to stay...RCC is the place for me!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lance W
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed in cabin#3 (Milky Way) with our 2 dogs right after Christmas. I believe the cabins were built in the 1940's. It's a small cabin with a small parking place with a small bathroom. That's as critical as I can get about this place. Everything was super clean. I'm a bit wary of any place I spend the night, so I inspected the toilet, shower, sink, hot tub and kitchen. I also looked for stained sheets and bed bugs. No bed bugs and everything was nice and clean. The queen sized bed was comfy and the bedding was soft and fresh. The hot tub fits 2 comfortably and was plenty hot. I spoke with the owner (James) quite a few times and was impressed. Very personable, passionate about owning, and really wants to make sure you enjoy your stay. My wife also had an hour long massage/joint adjustment by Helen in the cabin and is still raving about her. Helen is top notch at what she does. The hiking trails on the property are nice too. Good way to kill an hour or two. We will definately be repeat customers.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by being close to the road, don't get cabin 1 or 8. If you want the best hot...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Troy K
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. We found the cabin to be quite cozy and warm. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UlyssesEverettMcGill
Reviewed October 26, 2013

James, the owner, is incredibly nice and hospitable. We stayed in cabin #4 and had a great time! Very clean! Very close to Rocky Mountain National Park, downtown Estes Park, and the grocery store yet secluded feeling. We are already planning our next trip back there!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Cabin #1 - cozy and comfy for this couple and an outdoor hot tub to enjoy in the cool Fall evenings. Outside the hustle and bustle of Estes Park in a quiet canyon. Despite recent epic flooding, the cabins are high and dry and the Pruitt's are great hosts!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paulcpa
innkeeperEstesPark, Owner at Rustic River Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for the review. We are getting back to "normal" after the flood. Wow!! Mother nature can do some damage, but we did not have any flood water in our cabins.
We feel very blessed to have guest back with us. This place is just not the same without them.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a great time at Rustic River cabins. Enjoyed Cabin #6. Very quiet and lots of room. We enjoyed sitting on the deck overlooking the river and watching the humming birds. Jeanine and James are great hosts! The weather was beautiful and warm but the cinder block cabin stayed nice and cool. Estes Park was fun to shop in and of course a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park was amazing. Both are just a short drive away. Nice amenities. Multiple grills and grill types to choose from. Enjoyed using the complementary essential oils available at the cabin. We used them so we didn't get sore after our hike in the mountains and so we did not get altitude sickness. Was at the cabin with a friend, can't wait to bring my husband. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends