We stayed just one night at the time the old owners were handing over to the new owners, both couples were very friendly & welcoming & we enjoyed chatting with them & other guests at the bonfire although there were no smores & we were disappointed that we missed out on those.
The cabin was very small & basic & whilst appreciating the history & the "theme" of the property, we felt it was in need of some tlc. It was very clean & cosily furnished. We did not light the fire nor put the heater on which was a mistake because although the bed was comfy the linens did not keep us warm that night - we discovered extra blankets etc in a drawer next morning.
Overall, we enjoyed the experience but would probably not stay for more than a couple of nights.
We do wish the new owners every success & the old owners a happy retirement!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time when you stay at our charming cottages. Kitchenettes, fireplaces, Wi-Fi, HBO, Hot tub, & inviting decor. "Your home away from home" in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Colorado Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Cottages Hotel Estes Park
- Colorado Cottages Estes Park