“A great place to refresh!”
Review of Colorado Cottages

Colorado Cottages
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is my fourth year staying here. I have stayed at other locations but I keep coming back here. John and Carolyn are amazing. They go way above and beyond what any other hotel would do. The cottages are so cozy and comfortable. I love that they are dog friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank christina81578
There are newer reviews for Colorado Cottages

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently stayed for 6 nights in Colorado Cottages in cottage number 8 ‘Wild Rose’. We had originally booked for three nights, but we loved our cosy cottage so much, we booked for a further three nights at the end of our holiday. We arrived on the Saturday evening of Labor Day weekend, tired after a long flight from Ireland. The cottage was instantly welcoming, as was the owner, John. All the cottages are different in layout and style, but Wild Rose is a one bedroom cottage with separate living room/kitchen. The bedroom was in the porch area and was small, but there was still room to walk around the bed and for a chest of drawers. The wardrobe was in the living room. The living room was a really good size, with a comfy couch, dining table and a well equipped kitchen. We didn’t cook, but there was an oven and microwave as well as a full complement of kitchen ware, so you could certainly cook if you so wished. Off the living room was the tiny bathroom, although the shower was a good size and there was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Some of the fixtures and fittings are a little older, but it just added to the cosy feel and everywhere was spotlessly clean, with lots of fresh towels, soap etc.

One of the real selling points of Colorado Cottages is the wonderful views from the front. My favourite memories of our whole trip was early in the morning, standing out with a cup of coffee, watching the sun rise and light up the Rocky Mountains in glorious colour. On my first morning there, I saw a coyote across the road, it was wonderful (after my heart stopped racing when I initially thought it was a wolf!) We also saw lots of pretty hummingbirds, rabbits and chipmunks. John and Carolyn have a nightly campfire with smores during the summer, unfortunately we were a bit knocked about with jet lag and altitude and were in bed by 9pm every night! So we didn’t get to join them, but it looked fun and seemed like a good way to meet people.

The location of the cottages is excellent. It is about 1.5 miles to the pretty town of Estes Park and is on the road to the Rocky Mountain National Park. It was very busy the weekend we were there and we were happy to be a little bit away from the hustle and bustle of Estes Park. The cottages are on a road, but we never experienced any road noise. There are a couple of restaurants just across the road and also a service station and country store. Estes Park is a very expensive town, so Colorado Cottages is very competitively priced. The well equipped kitchen is a real plus for longer stays, as you could save further money by cooking.

We totally fell in love with Estes Park and decided to change our itinerary to allow us to stay for a further three nights at the end of our trip. Unfortunately, those three days coincided with the terrible flooding in Estes Park. When we arrived on a wet, dark evening, Carolyn was so lovely and welcoming and she had turned the heating and lights on in the cottage, so it was like a wonderful warm beacon. Thankfully the cottages are on a slight height, so they escaped any serious damage in the floods, but we witnessed some terrible destruction in the town and along the river. My heart goes out to the locals and people who have experienced losses in the floods. Every single person we met in Estes Park and Colorado as a whole was absolutely wonderful and I am sure they will be back on their feet in no time. We decided to cut our stay short and make the long and circuitous route to Denver airport via the Trail Ridge Road a day early as most of the roads were closed, but Carolyn and John were wonderful and so helpful every step of the way.

We loved Colorado Cottages, Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. I think it is the most beautiful place I have ever been. We will definitely be back in Colorado – hopefully sooner rather than later – and we would definitely stay in Colorado Cottages again. Thank you John, Carolyn and Dharma the dog for a lovely stay in your beautiful property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ncmc
Reviewed September 14, 2013

These cabins are perfect location. The owners were able to accommodate us last minute (due to the Scottish festival going on). The cabin was just the right size and ours had the deck out back. The owners are SUPER nice and will help you with any information you need for the area. Very close walking to restaurants and store. Park entrance is right down the road. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa440
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We unfortunately had to cut our recent visit short due to bad weather, but during the time we were there, our experience was terrific! Clean cabin, great location and most of all, terrific owners. They were so very helpful and wonderful. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my second time to stay at the Colorado Cottages. I stayed in the Iris Cottage both times and had plenty of room for one person. The owners were fantastic and very accommodating. I can't recommend this place highly enough. I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank scalba123
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary. We stayed in the Bluebird which was perfect for us! John, Carolyn, and Dharma (their delightful dog) made us feel right at home! They are such wonderful people and have a bonfire every night from 8-10 for guests to talk about what they did that day. Oh and smores are included too...which my husband loved! The cottages are right near the entrance to the RMNP which is very convenient but also close to town! I highly recommend staying here and when we return to Estes Park we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank aduff630
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Timberline Cottage. It was just right for 2 of us, although the bathroom was a bit small. The cottages are located so close to the entrance to the park, and about a mile from the main section of Estes. It was nice to be close, yet away from the craziness of the "downtown" area. The hot tub was fabulous and the nightly campfire was fun. Happy travelers stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple