“Great place”

Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We're actually still here- snowed in! This was the cheapest hotel we could find in Estes Park and we paid for the cheaper older style room so we weren't expecting a lot but its great. The room is spotless and the beds are very comfy- the main things you want from a room. It isn't nearly as 'retro' as we expected. The carpet and beds/ linen seem new and it seems freshly painted. The bathroom is certainly small and dated but the shower is hot and has good pressure. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, getting the handyman to come out when our fire didn't work and re arranging the rooms for tonight so we could stay in the same room as we're stuck in the snow. I would have liked to see the updated rooms and at only $10 extra they're still good value. There's a pool & hot tub we haven't used. Only a few minutes from a supermarket and the town centre.

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank snipey_123
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! We're very happy that our "retro" room exceeded your expectations! We are striving to be the best priced motel in town and most importantly, with the friendliest staff!

It's guests like you who make our jobs fun!

Please do come back and check us out again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If your visiting Estes Park you've got to stay at Coyote Mtn. Lodge! It's the best value in Estes Park.
The rooms are clean and cozy! (Very comfortable beds which is important to me). Complete with pool and hot tub walking distance to town/groceries.
There are great views of the surrounding mountains and you will most likely see Elk wandering through the grounds!
The staff were full of suggestions on activities and restaurant, super friendly and helpful.
I love a vacation that won't put me in the poor house and thanks to Coyote Mtn I'll be able to afford venturing to Estes Park a lot more this year!!!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room pool side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank livinlifetothefulles
Thanks for the great review! We never get tired of seeing the elk in town either, unless we're late for an appointment that is!

Our goal is to provide the best budget accommodations in town as you mentioned, you don't want the price of your motel room to stress out your vacation!

Please come back again soon and check out all of our latest improvements!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Coyote has a great house to rent with your family. Very cozy and clean. It has a deck overlooking Estes and a beautiful views of the mountains. Easy access to town, grocery stores and restaurants. Entrance to Park is just a few miles away. I look forward to returning with friends!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JBanno
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks for your great feedback! We love the condos! They're our guests' and staff's favorite. We remodeled both this past year and really wish we had 40 more. Please come back in the winter when our rates are dirt cheap and yes, bring your friends, just don't be too rowdy!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2013

great hotel. clean rooms. great location. the staff were very helpful. if you ever plan on traveling up to estes park this lodge is a MUST!!!!!!! very beautiful country. my girlfriend loved the wildlife. we actually saw an elk walking around. we are both completely in love with the whole place and are already planning another trip back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert547
Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is my first time staying at Coyote Mountain Lodge, and it won't be my last. I was in town visiting family and found Coyote Mountain through Tripadvisor. At first glance, it seemed like a decent place to stay for a nice price. Once arriving, I was more than thrilled with it. The manager (I believe), Mike, was fantastic from beginning to end. You couldn't have asked for better service. He was knowledgable about the area and things that I would like to do. He pointed me in the right direction and made my trip most memorable.

The rooms were clean and gave me a great place to go into sanctuary when needing some break time. I definitely made myself right at home. I'm coming back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank harnesshackey
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel twice before, they have a good rate on their rooms but that is only because the buildings are old and dated looking, I feel as if I'm rolling into the mid 80's as I pulled in. The front desk guy wasn't even standing there when I came in. His breath also smelled of alcohol, I decided to give him a chance. My wife and I were looking for a bargain and I guess that's what we got. Good for overnight stays, but not to much of a view luckily I like to spend my time outside so that didn't bother me that much.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Marriotfan
Thanks for your feedback. As you mentioned we are a budget motel and have purposely positioned ourselves that way. We have heard a lot from tourists that the rates in Estes Park are shockingly high, averaging $100 / night. Our competitor's next door frequently charge double what our rates are. As such, we have smaller rooms and yes, vintage or retro decor.

We are also remodeling as much as we physically can starting with safety concerns first. Last winter we spent 3 months completely rebuilding a new walk way since the old ones were rotten and completely out of code. We have also renovated about a dozen bathrooms, the lobby, two condos and countless other areas. It's a slow process but we're getting there.

Please swing my the next time you're in town and see all the improvements!
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great place to stay. Our room was clean and comfortable, the price was the best in town and everyone was helpful. So close to town that everything we wanted to do was easy and the staff helped with ideas of where and what to do. I would defiantly stay here again and excited to try it out in the summer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dkbeach
Hi DKBeach,
Thanks for the nice review! We love guests like you! We are trying our best to improve our little motel and love getting great feedback. Please come back soon so you can see all of our new projects!