See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2016

Our 18yo daughter, her friend, and I stayed here for one night (8/6/16) and that was one night too many! There were people partying outside of their rooms on the main floor and they stared down us down as went to our room on the second floor. The room was dirty, hairs on pillows, and blood stains on curtains AND the partiers carried on until after 3am. The next morning when we left, there was trash as well as chairs and tables left outside the partiers' rooms. I cannot believe that Choice Hotels would allow this "hotel" to remain in their fleet of hotels.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2016

I have had great experiences with EconoLodge in several different locations, so I didn't hesitate to book with EconoLodge in Estes Park, figuring that I would be safe going with a name I was already familiar with. I was sadly mistaken and will be more careful booking in the future, as this place has undoubtedly proven that the same quality I expected at other locations clearly does not extend to all its properties.

To begin with, I was charged well over $400 for a three night stay. While I understand that all rooms in Estes will be in the triple digits during peak season, this place should be ashamed of themselves for charging that much. For starters, the hotel was under construction and the entire place looked like a dump. The front lobby was cluttered and unorganized and in desperate need of repair. There was trash scattered all over the parking lot, and the swimming pool was filled with green algae and reeked of sewage. The front desk manager was rude, and upon being assigned a room, we were shocked to discover that the room clearly had not been cleaned. The beds were not made, there was trash all over one of the beds, and human feces in the toilet! We notified the front desk and were moved to another room which wasn't much better than the first.

Second room had at least been cleaned, but the carpet was dirty, toilet paper and Kleenex hadn't been stocked, and upon going to take a shower, we discovered mold in several places on the shower curtain. The remote for the television didn't work, though this among the least of our concerns. The bed frame was falling apart and the mattresses were very old and uncomfortable.

On the third night of our stay, the water boiler went out resulting in no hot water for the property. Management never bothered to call us and give us a heads up about the situation. Furthermore, they insisted that it wasn't their fault and refused to give any kind of a refund. Finally after a long and heated argument with the manager, we were given a small partial refund on the third nights stay. In spite of the small refund, we were still massively overcharged for the quality we received.

They also claimed to have "free breakfast." Their breakfast consisted of nothing more than a few cheap pop tarts and some very old fruit and literally nothing else. No milk, juice, coffee, etc. All in all, this was the worst EconoLodge experience ever and I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Don't book here. Estes Park has tons of lodging options to choose from. Do your research and look around.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skier15631
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

I know this is an economy hotel, but it's not even 1 star. The front desk man was getting high right after check in. One room had someone already sleeping in it. All our rooms were dirty. Breakfast was a huge disappointment.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Ugh! I don't need a fancy hotel, Motel 6's are usually fine for us, but this hotel was disgusting. They are about 50 years behind on updating the rooms and deep cleaning them! We were late driving up and didn't arrive until 9:40 p.m. cleaning lady in parking lot asks us what room we were searching for. We tell her, she says "I am about done cleaning it for you"...huh?! We waited outside for a half hour while she made the beds. At least it was comforting to know the bedding was just washed. She says, "sorry about the wrinkled sheets, they just come out that way"...huh again?! Shower curtain bottom was disgustingly filthy. We did not use ceiling fan because it had an inch of accumulated grime on the blades! Hairs on wall in shower. Edges of caroet not cleaned in years. I could go.on and on. Bought a can of Lysol because bathroom stunk and rest of room was stale! Huge tree in middle of parking lot that was difficult to drive around!
Do not stay here unless you are okay with filth! 2nd worse hotel I have ever stayed at! 57 yr old! P.S.- huge metal bars sticking out of box springs, about shin height! Covered them eith plastic cups!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I honestly can't say one nice thing about this hotel. The manager was a jerk, the rooms were nasty dirty (we slept with our clothes on), the breakfast consisted of rotten fruit and stale bagels, and the pool was down right scary. I can't believe the Choice Hotels allows this hotel to be a part of their chain!

Room Tip: From what I could tell, there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends