Brynwood on the River
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$119
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Murphy's River Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$139
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$155
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
All reviewsthe riverhot tubzimmer freithe big thompson riverscreened in porchgas grillsmall kitchenettefront windowrocky mountain park entrancerooms were very cleandvd playersaw elkcooking utensilsevery morningwould stay againlocation is greatcoffee maker
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was the most overpriced place I have ever stayed in Estes. The two nights we stayed at Brynwood was a gift getaway and it was a big disappointment. The TV was so small, remotes did not work, TV was placed in corner of room with nowhere to sit to watch it except on corner of bed. Couch was on opposite corner facing kitchen. On the second day of our stay, we had to make our own beds, dump our own trash. They did give us 2 clean bath towels placed on the kitchen table. NO MAID SERVICE AT ALL. Also, I had to buy a roll of toilet paper cuz we ran out during the evening. They did leave an envelope on kitchen table with the names of the maids for a tip. I thought that was classic and insulting. There are many better places to stay at reasonable prices in Estes. I recommend anywhere on fall river such as Deercrest or Murphys Lodge.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money and ruin your trip.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Jean S
BrynwoodontheRiver, Owner at Brynwood on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

My thanks to these guests for their candid comments. This was a new configuration in this cabin when we got a brand new hide-a-bed couch. We were trying to give more space in the living room, but it's very good to find what you liked and didn't like! We have rearranged it again and guests seem to like it! We have been updating the TV's to flatscreens which we now have in that cabin. As posted on all of our information these are "Housekeeping Cabins" which means that we give you fresh towels and empty your trash daily. However, we do offer full service motel in which the beds are made daily as well. If I recall, our manager went out of her way to find you a company that could service your oxygen tank by getting on-line and calling around until she found a company to work with you. We sure hope that worked out well for you. Thanks again for your input.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Brynwood on the River is a GREAT place for anyone looking to stay in Estes Park. I went recently with some friends. One thing I loved was that all of the cabins had their own original name and theme and were decorated in those specific themes. Our cabin had three rooms, a living room, small dining area, and kitchen area. The space was was great and overall it had a real cabin feel to it. The cabins are also RIGHT next to the river that runs through the town. We went down by the river at night and it was just a fun, family atmosphere. Each cabin also has its own hot tub. Because the weather was so nice, we enjoyed the hot tub almost every day we were there. There is also a pool on the property and it was great for during the day since the weather was so nice. It always seemed well kept. The managers were very nice and hospitable. Anytime we needed anything, they readily made it available to us. The hot tub and our cabin were always well kept every day. I will definitely be coming back for another stay. If you choose to stay here and have not been to Estes Park, you may also even get lucky enough to see a bear or some elk. It was overall an experience I came home talking about.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I would be remiss to not say how much we enjoyed our stay at the Brynwood in July. Although the weather was cold and rainy, we found so much to do and see that it was a great trip in spite of the weather. The Brynwood is a homey and comfortable place to stay. Management and staff is very accommodating. The cabins are clean and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed in the bunkhouse and enjoyed the fireplace on a cold chilly evening. We will be returning, as well as telling family and friends about a great place to stay when visiting Estes Park. It is close to the downtown area, but far enough that you don't feel the congestion that is experienced on the main streets of town with so many people. Four of us also visited the Oxygen Sanctuary when some in our group experienced altitude sickness. We didn't realize that was why two of the girls felt like throwing up, but after an oxygen session, both felt fine. We love Estes and the Brynwood on the River. Next time, we will try the fishing too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Brynwood twice recently and can't wait to go back again! I appreciated the cleanliness of the cabins, the reliability of the managers and staff to make sure I enjoyed my stay, the good wifi, having my own personal hot tub, the heated pool, & shopping in the adorable town just a few miles away. This resort is located 1 mile from the entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park, and has to be the most beautiful place I've ever vacationed. We went on a 3-4 mile hike up the mountain and saw FOUR gorgeous lakes. But, you don't even have to leave your cabin to see wildlife-- many times there are elk walking around right on the property.

I'm currently planning a group trip to Estes for this fall and can't wait to stay in one of the larger Brynwood houses in the mountains with my friends. They are fully-furnished houses just a few miles from the resort.

The Brynwood is by far my favorite Colorado resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was the fourth time we stayed at Brynwood over the past probably 15 years. We stayed in the Bunkhouse with our family. The place is starting to get pretty old and beat up. The hot tub did not work for 4 days and although they gave us a $30 credit (wow) it did not make up for the sore muscles from a day of hiking. Unless they do some major updates I would pass this place by unfortunately.

PS They also did not clean our cabin/bedding during the week as they promised.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Jummy2011
BrynwoodontheRiver, Owner at Brynwood on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at Brynwood this time. As soon as we found out the hot tub wasn't heating we called repair which took a day to get up from Ft. Collins. The managers offered their own hot tub for everyone to use and there were quite a few who used it while the other was down....it wasn't down for 4 days though. The people who left The Bunkhouse cabin this morning had nothing but raves about it, took brochures for family and friends and said they would definitely be back! Our new managers have been working overtime painting, clearing the yard, trimming hedges and fixing up everything; we pride ourselves on how clean and well maintained our property is and most of our return guests are telling us our grounds look better than they ever have! I guess its all a matter of perspective. We have record of our housekeepers servicing your cabin daily and your bed change was done on August 1st. We weren't sure of the problem you were talking about, because all of the cabins get towels and trash emptied every day. Again, we are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.